+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5669 Done correct?

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
I filled out IMM5669 , validated the form, typed my wife’s name in the box, printed it and sent it to my wife to have her sign and date it. Now it’s in the mail somewhere between here and asia. So the final copy will have her name printed in the box , her signature in pen and the date in pen. Now i’m looking at the guide and it looks like I was supposed to date the form on the computer. Is this going to matter? This is the second time sending documents to her and back to sign , should I go for round three over this ? Any takers? Thanks

H&H

Dec 11, 2019
I filled out IMM5669 , validated the form, typed my wife’s name in the box, printed it and sent it to my wife to have her sign and date it. Now it’s in the mail somewhere between here and asia. So the final copy will have her name printed in the box , her signature in pen and the date in pen. Now i’m looking at the guide and it looks like I was supposed to date the form on the computer. Is this going to matter? This is the second time sending documents to her and back to sign , should I go for round three over this ? Any takers? Thanks
Hi takitfree
We are facing the same issue now and i know you already submitted your application.
Can you please let us know if you decided to redo it?
Did you end up validating with the name and ** the date** typed together on the computer?

We think we should redo it because that's what's instructed on the complete guide but then it doesn't specify about only the date on the checklist so we kinda want to push this thru. ..

Thank you for your help!
Looking forward to hearing from you.

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Hi takitfree
We are facing the same issue now and i know you already submitted your application.
Can you please let us know if you decided to redo it?
Did you end up validating with the name and ** the date** typed together on the computer?

We think we should redo it because that's what's instructed on the complete guide but then it doesn't specify about only the date on the checklist so we kinda want to push this thru. ..

Thank you for your help!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
I never got any answer here on the forum . So I called IRCC. The lady told me , that this error wasn’t large enough to warrant returning the application. Worst case scenario we may have to redo and upload only IMM5669 “if the officer is really anal.” that’s her words not mine! So I just sent the application in with my wife’s name typed in the box , signature and date in blue ink. We’ll see what happens . It’s supposed to be delivered today so AOR1 will come after christmas . Or not .

Reactions: armoured

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Does the name need to be typed out for every signature field? Asking because only came across that instruction for one of the forms.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I never got any answer here on the forum . So I called IRCC. The lady told me , that this error wasn’t large enough to warrant returning the application. Worst case scenario we may have to redo and upload only IMM5669 “if the officer is really anal.” that’s her words not mine! So I just sent the application in with my wife’s name typed in the box , signature and date in blue ink. We’ll see what happens . It’s supposed to be delivered today so AOR1 will come after christmas . Or not .
That's pretty funny.

I don't have an answer, believe I did input the date, BUT: that form has pretty strong validation (anything important left out it will not let you finalize). And in truth, since signatories are supposed to include actual date of signing and not printing, it would be somewhat incorrect for them to force you to include a date.

So I'm guessing they will accept the way you did it as long as the date is legible and unambiguous.

One very small but unlikely issue is machine-reading of docs and Canadian government attempting to use YYYY-MM-DD to avoid data/date issues across government systems. This leaves small possibility it will get 'kicked out' due to some combination of data entry faults and humans not wanting to correct/ambiguous dates/data issues or, indeed, just being 'really anal.'

But I think the strongest point is that signatory is supposed to put actual date of signing, not printing. I bet there are enough lawyers around that have screamed about this and caused problems for CIC that internal instructions would be to accept as long as date is clear.

H&H

Dec 11, 2019
Thank you very very much for responding to my question very quick!
We were about to send ours tomorrow so this helps our thoughts.
Yeah, i thought it's weird that no one said anything here, this looks like one of those mistakes we could make and question.

Best of luck for all of us! :)

H&H

Dec 11, 2019
That's pretty funny.

I don't have an answer, believe I did input the date, BUT: that form has pretty strong validation (anything important left out it will not let you finalize). And in truth, since signatories are supposed to include actual date of signing and not printing, it would be somewhat incorrect for them to force you to include a date.

So I'm guessing they will accept the way you did it as long as the date is legible and unambiguous.

One very small but unlikely issue is machine-reading of docs and Canadian government attempting to use YYYY-MM-DD to avoid data/date issues across government systems. This leaves small possibility it will get 'kicked out' due to some combination of data entry faults and humans not wanting to correct/ambiguous dates/data issues or, indeed, just being 'really anal.'

But I think the strongest point is that signatory is supposed to put actual date of signing, not printing. I bet there are enough lawyers around that have screamed about this and caused problems for CIC that internal instructions would be to accept as long as date is clear.
Hi armoured
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
We thought about that point too but then it did validate when I tried to see and took off my typed name from the signature box which was specifically asked to do on the guideline.
What takitfree heard from IRCC makes sense but we never know... so we almost decided to correct anyways and sacrifice 1 week before sending. So anxious to send it right now though.

Thank you very much again!

Reactions: armoured