+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5604E - Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada

OakBar

Nov 9, 2011
Thanks for your response, a slight clarification when you say that IMM5604E needs to be signed at a visa office ...which visa office are you referring to since my visa office is Etobicoke and my ex wife lives in Lahore, Pakistan... I heard from some where that the form only needs to be signed in presence of notary public ? Is that not applicable? Please guide
Thanks for the detailed guidance ... my wife and I donot have any custody assigned currently...hope this will not be a problem for the PR process...I was trying to see how to get VFS to call us for the declaration form sign but not sure how to do that though...

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Thanks for the detailed guidance ... my wife and I donot have any custody assigned currently...hope this will not be a problem for the PR process...I was trying to see how to get VFS to call us for the declaration form sign but not sure how to do that though...
I had the same situation..no custody, and everything worked at the end. I received my kid passport 5 weeks ago.

The visa office already knows about IMM5604E. The most importation is to ask for the passport form, because people usually know only about IMM5604E and get some troubles 4 years later at the passport office.

John Oyuela

Jun 5, 2023
Hi there, as I stated in my original post because English is not an official language in my country, I did another declaration with the same context and signed it in a notarization office back home and luckily they accept it.
Hi! Same problem here. Spanish is the official language in my country. When you say that you "did another declaration with the same context and signed it in a notarization office back home", what do you mean by "the same context"? Was it a letter or a form? You notarized the declaration in Arabic and then you have it translated into English?

Thanks a lot for your answer!

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
In Egypt, the notarization office has their own forms that I have to use. I selected the form that work for this situation and asked to apply some minor changes to the consent. In sum, the consent state that the other parent has no objection to let the kid travel.

Hi! Same problem here. Spanish is the official language in my country. When you say that you "did another declaration with the same context and signed it in a notarization office back home", what do you mean by "the same context"? Was it a letter or a form? You notarized the declaration in Arabic and then you have it translated into English?

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Reactions: John Oyuela

John Oyuela

Jun 5, 2023
In Egypt, the notarization office has their own forms that I have to use. I selected the form that work for this situation and asked to apply some minor changes to the consent. In sum, the consent state that the other parent has no objection to let the kid travel.
Thanks for your answer! You're very kind! Thanks again!

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Thanks for your answer! You're very kind! Thanks again!
No worries, If it's possible to notarize customized forms in your country, just translate the context of IMM5604E into Spanish, ask the other parent to sign and notarize it. Then find a recognized translation service to translate it back into English. You might need to include a statement to indicate that the other parent also give you the right to to solely complete any application for your kid in Canada including the passport office.

Another option is to ask the other parent to find a visa office in his country of living and sign the actual IMM5604E. This will save you time and money.