+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5604 - Dependent Child sponsorship

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi

I am applying to sponsor my 1 year child for PR. I am currently in Canada and my wife a PR card holder and my daughter is in home country

Since my wife is not in Canada, I understand she cant be a co-signor. But do I need to upload the IMM5604 form which is a declaration from non accompanying parent for minors immigrating to Canada. My wife is already PR and she would be accompanying my child . My child has already got a TRV for Canada

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi

I am applying to sponsor my 1 year child for PR. I am currently in Canada and my wife a PR card holder and my daughter is in home country

Since my wife is not in Canada, I understand she cant be a co-signor. But do I need to upload the IMM5604 form which is a declaration from non accompanying parent for minors immigrating to Canada. My wife is already PR and she would be accompanying my child . My child has already got a TRV for Canada
The form about non-accompanying parent is for situations where parents are split. Just explain that the mother will return to Canada with the child and you will all be residing together.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
The form about non-accompanying parent is for situations where parents are split. Just explain that the mother will return to Canada with the child and you will all be residing together.
Do you mean instead of uploading the IMM5406, I can instead upload a letter of explanation stating that mother is also a PR and will accompany the kid

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do you mean instead of uploading the IMM5406, I can instead upload a letter of explanation stating that mother is also a PR and will accompany the kid
Yes, that's what I mean, although I'm not referring to the form number (I think you have that wrong, it's 5604).

You do not need the form titled approval by non-accommpanying parent or whatever. That's for couples that have split and one parent does not/will not live in Canada. Just note that the other parent is a PR and will reside in Canada with you and the child. I assume the other parent went home to give birth - or whatever, not that it matters that much.

Reactions: sidpadki