IMM5604 clarification

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So, I went through the legal process and got the custody order from court. I submitted the same to CIC. They haven't gotten back to me yet. Will the same 6 month processing time be still valid for my application or will the processing time be extended?
No, the 6 month standard time no longer applies because IRCC had to request documents from you.

singlemompr

Jun 1, 2017
No, the 6 month standard time no longer applies because IRCC had to request documents from you.
Will I be able to check the status of my application through any other means than my login? The phone is bad - they don't offer status. The IRCC web form response is too slow.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Will I be able to check the status of my application through any other means than my login? The phone is bad - they don't offer status. The IRCC web form response is too slow.
No, there is no other way to check the status quickly. You can oder GCMS notes, which takes 30 days.

singlemompr

Jun 1, 2017
No, there is no other way to check the status quickly. You can oder GCMS notes, which takes 30 days.
Thank you! I can't tell you how helpful you are.
Since the CIC already requested docs from me, does that mean that the processing time is completely dependent on the officer who works on my file?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you! I can't tell you how helpful you are.
Since the CIC already requested docs from me, does that mean that the processing time is completely dependent on the officer who works on my file?
Pretty much but that doesn't mean that your app is definitely going to take longer.

singlemompr

Jun 1, 2017
Pretty much but that doesn't mean that your app is definitely going to take longer.
Yes. I understand. But I'm in a bit of a hurry too. I initially planned for the 6 months wait time, which is approaching soon.
If they don't get back to me sooner, I might have to apply for my work permit/TRV and the kid's permit as well.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much for all your support! I got back from CIC today asking me to submit our passports for PR visa. :) After an arduous process, it has finally come to this. I should admit though that they have stuck to their 6-month processing deadline.
That's great, congrats :)

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Hi,
Am a single mother. I am about applying for my PR. My daughter is already here with me cos she is a US citizen. I have a court order for full custody of my daughter but the father has visitation rights although he has not bothered. We were just married traditionally and it has been dissolved. No legal or church marriage.
Will my full custody paper be sufficient? Do you think they will request for the fathers consent? He has not been in our lives since her birth and I can prove it also.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
Am a single mother. I am about applying for my PR. My daughter is already here with me cos she is a US citizen. I have a court order for full custody of my daughter but the father has visitation rights although he has not bothered. We were just married traditionally and it has been dissolved. No legal or church marriage.
Will my full custody paper be sufficient? Do you think they will request for the fathers consent? He has not been in our lives since her birth and I can prove it also.
Hi

The court order should be sufficient.

hardeep.singh

Apr 24, 2018
Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. I am seperated from my ex since 2012 & I do have a Interim custody of my son as my dovorce case is still pending in court. I do have my petition of divorce & Iterim custody court order with me. will this be sufficient to submit or they will ask for more documents? Please advise.

Thank you,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. I am seperated from my ex since 2012 & I do have a Interim custody of my son as my dovorce case is still pending in court. I do have my petition of divorce & Iterim custody court order with me. will this be sufficient to submit or they will ask for more documents? Please advise.

Thank you,
Hi

An interim court order is only temporary, so it is unlikely that IRCC will accept it.