+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5604 clarification

singlemompr

Jun 1, 2017
Hi,
I am a single mom currently in Canada with my son. I am also in the process of securing divorce from my ex-husband who has never been part of our lives. However, CIC recently contacted me for the IMM5604 declaration by non-accompanying parent (him). Obviously, he has been refusing to sign.
My question is what can I do if he refuses to sign? He has never been part of our lives and is clearly doing this just to make my life difficult. I came to Canada with a job and I'm planning to settle here long term. So, a PR is required.

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Consult a lawyer....

Basically you need to prove that you don't want to add him in your application and divorce legal process is going on.
Keep all the evidence which can help you to prove that he's not co-operation like messages, mail etc.

All the best.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I am a single mom currently in Canada with my son. I am also in the process of securing divorce from my ex-husband who has never been part of our lives. However, CIC recently contacted me for the IMM5604 declaration by non-accompanying parent (him). Obviously, he has been refusing to sign.
My question is what can I do if he refuses to sign? He has never been part of our lives and is clearly doing this just to make my life difficult. I came to Canada with a job and I'm planning to settle here long term. So, a PR is required.
Hi

You must either have permission from the father or full legal custody for your child to immigrate. If the father won't sign, you have no other option but to seek full custody of the child in court.

Consult a lawyer....

Basically you need to prove that you don't want to add him in your application and divorce legal process is going on.
Keep all the evidence which can help you to prove that he's not co-operation like messages, mail etc.
The issue is the child being able to immigrate, not the ex.

singlemompr

Jun 1, 2017
Hi

You must either have permission from the father or full legal custody for your child to immigrate. If the father won't sign, you have no other option but to seek full custody of the child in court.

Yes! Thanks! The issue here is child. If he does not sign the document, I will not be able to have the child with me here.

singlemompr

Jun 1, 2017
Hi

So, with a full legal custody, I can produce the document instead of the IMM5604?

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,
I am a single mom currently in Canada with my son. I am also in the process of securing divorce from my ex-husband who has never been part of our lives. However, CIC recently contacted me for the IMM5604 declaration by non-accompanying parent (him). Obviously, he has been refusing to sign..
Hi,
I am almost in the same situation and I know I will get this request of IMM5604. Could you please share how long did they give you to upload this form?

wish you to get what you need

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you! I have sought full legal custody. But, I'm not sure it will come by within the time. What are my options?
You would need to either withdraw your PR application and reapply when you have the necessary documents or change the child to non-accompanying and sponsor him after.

singlemompr

Jun 1, 2017
You would need to either withdraw your PR application and reapply when you have the necessary documents or change the child to non-accompanying and sponsor him after.
I have been nominated by the Ontario province. So, if I withdraw my PR application now, I should forfeit the fees and my nomination. Am I right here?

singlemompr

Jun 1, 2017
So, I went through the legal process and got the custody order from court. I submitted the same to CIC. They haven't gotten back to me yet. Will the same 6 month processing time be still valid for my application or will the processing time be extended?