+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5562 - Supplementary information "Your Travels"

dysonjonathan

Jan 22, 2010
Hello!

Quick question...

I am filing through the London office...do I have to fill out form 5562 or is this a continuation of the Albanian questionaire?

I ask because this form is not listed on the document checklist (i'm guessing because there are different instructions based on what region you're from).

Thanks for clarification!!

Jo.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dysonjonathan said:
Hello!

Quick question...

I am filing through the London office...do I have to fill out form 5562 or is this a continuation of the Albanian questionaire?

I ask because this form is not listed on the document checklist (i'm guessing because there are different instructions based on what region you're from).

Thanks for clarification!!

Jo.
Hey Jo,

you don't have to fill out the 5562, it's only for people going through Paris office. See here at the end of the check list>

OTHER DOCUMENTATION
• Albanian residents must complete and sign the attached Questionnaire for Albanian residents.
Persons submitting their application to the Canadian visa office in Paris must complete the attached IMM 5562 form, Supplementary Information – Your travels.

Hope it helps! good luck with putting your application together!
Cheers,
Sweden

Remrov

May 16, 2012
Oh Duh...me dummy!

I'm going through Vienna, and I fillied out that form about my travels too. So I guess for me it's also not neccesary.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dysonjonathan said:
Thanks Sweden. I can't read...apparently!!
or - you've been reading over and over again the same information - it happens! I had to get a friend to check a few things as I felt like I was not catching my mistakes etc...

GREAKLY

Aug 14, 2011
I am also confused by IMM5562. I am Canadian citizen, sponsoring my wife to come to Canada. I have already been approved as a sponsor. Now, after two years, my wife received the request for new medicals, an updated IMM5669 and IMM5562. Here are my questions:

1. IMM5562 is supposed to be filled out by the principal applicant and the spouse (if applicable). It is my understanding that at this point my wife is the principal applicant, not me, correct?

2. The IMM5562 asks principal applicant to account for all travels in the last 10 years for him/herself and the spouse. Does that mean, that my wife is required to write about all MY travels in the last 10 years? Or she only needs to account for her own travels?

3. If she only required to account for her own travels, what should be written in the "spouse" section? "None", "N/A" or else? Since she has no kids, she'll write "N/A" in the "kids" section. But she does have a spouse (me :D). Do you think "N/A" would still work?

If all MY travels need to be accounted for, that would further complicate the matter. In the last 10 years I have been a resident of three different countries. Currently, I am holding two citizenships. Hence, during those 10 years my "country or origin" and "country of residence" kept changing. What exactly should I put there?

To make a long story short, my main question is: When IMM5562 is requested as a part of the family class sponsorship application packet, do only the sponsoree's (the sponsored party) travels need to be listed or sponsor's ones as well? The form says: "List all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years..." In this case are MY trips applicable or not?

P.S. I tried to find a guide to filling IMM5562 but failed. It ain't on the CIC's web site. Any idea, where I could get it?