+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5540 Form Question

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was filling out the Sponsor Questionnaire. It asks to provide the employment details (From - To) starting from the current employment. What do we write in the "TO" option if I am still employed here.

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maybe "present" or does it require a date? sorry havent yet applied but would like to know the answer

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PRESENT, CURRENT, or NOW will do just fine. Hand write it in because the form will not allow you to type letters in that section.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for your help.
I attached a separate sheet and wrote "Present".

This form also states in the end to provide on a separate sheet any additional that may be useful to prove our relationship is genuine. Are there any samples available or basically what exactly should I write in here. And are both me and my husband supposed to write one ? Since I saw this statement on one of his forms too.

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
sparkle said:

This form also states in the end to provide on a separate sheet any additional that may be useful to prove our relationship is genuine. Are there any samples available or basically what exactly should I write in here. And are both me and my husband supposed to write one ? Since I saw this statement on one of his forms too.
My husband and I both wrote letters one attached to the sponsorship application and one on the main application. We just wrote and overview of our relationship, past, present and what we want for our future together.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had a lawyer and included what she suggested, which was that we each wrote a letter describing how our relationship developed, got letters from friends and family attesting to the genuineness of our relationship and explaining how they knew, various photos (all with the date and people in the photo written on the back), and proof that we were each other's beneficiary for RRSPs, insurance, etc. This did the trick and we did not need to interview.

There's been quite a lot of discussion on this topic in the past, so if you need more information, try a search and you should be able to find more comments. :)

sparkle said:

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long were you together before you applied??

Karlshammar said:
I had a lawyer and included what she suggested, which was that we each wrote a letter describing how our relationship developed, got letters from friends and family attesting to the genuineness of our relationship and explaining how they knew, various photos (all with the date and people in the photo written on the back), and proof that we were each other's beneficiary for RRSPs, insurance, etc. This did the trick and we did not need to interview.

There's been quite a lot of discussion on this topic in the past, so if you need more information, try a search and you should be able to find more comments. :)