+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5532 - When was the first time you met in person?

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

This question seems so simple yet its complicated our my case. I need your help.

I have met my wife for the first time when i was 11 years old in 1999 (i am 30 years old). We are childhood friends and i have pictures of us when we were kids.

After 2 years (around 2001) My family moved from the country and we lost contact until i found her on Facebook many years later (around 2010) but we are not in the same country. We kept in contact etc, pen pals basically.

Things escalated in the beginning of 2018 and fell for each other and decided to get married. So i went to the country she resides in and we got married. I arrived to her country on the 18th of August 2018 and met her on that day (after 18 years).

Now i am concerned about answering this question. Which is the right answer? when we were kids? or 9 days before the marriage certificate? I am worried if choosing the "when we were kids" answer could cause delays and further questions.

I would really appreciate your help

Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

This question seems so simple yet its complicated our my case. I need your help.

I have met my wife for the first time when i was 11 years old in 1999 (i am 30 years old). We are childhood friends and i have pictures of us when we were kids.

After 2 years (around 2001) My family moved from the country and we lost contact until i found her on Facebook many years later (around 2010) but we are not in the same country. We kept in contact etc, pen pals basically.

Things escalated in the beginning of 2018 and fell for each other and decided to get married. So i went to the country she resides in and we got married. I arrived to her country on the 18th of August 2018 and met her on that day (after 18 years).

Now i am concerned about answering this question. Which is the right answer? when we were kids? or 9 days before the marriage certificate? I am worried if choosing the "when we were kids" answer could cause delays and further questions.

I would really appreciate your help

Thanks.
And you think 9 days before we got married is a better answer?

You did meet her before and she was your childhood friend. So why hide it. Just state the fact.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
If I remember correctly, the form also asks the circumstances of your first meeting. This would be the place to explain in brief how you were childhood friends.

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
And you think 9 days before we got married is a better answer?

You did meet her before and she was your childhood friend. So why hide it. Just state the fact.
what i am worried about is if they would ask for further back details. Travels or addresses since 1999 and i do not believe that i can provide the details