+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5444 form issue

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Same day trip don't count
You're correct that they don't 'count' in the sense that they don't change the days-in-Canada count, but then neither do trips where one departs one day and returns the next.

Nonetheless: I'd suggest including them. If it can't be done on the electronic form because of limitations, include a sheet of paper and provide that additional info (with brief explanation the form doesn't let you do one day trips).

Why? Because credibility matters, and if IRCC does check the entry-exit info and discovers a bunch of un-reported trips, you have not only made their job easier* (they don't have to check the dates), but you've improved your credibility tremendously.

*Note, CBSA doesn't directly collect exit information, but must get it either from the airline manifests (still haven't heard that works) or from US CBP. Meaning, it is highly likely that these are not presented in easy tabular format one against the other, but must be checked 'manually' (or possibly using some dtabase tool). IN other words, possibly not easy, and possibly error prone. If you provide a simple table in a logical layout which they can cross check, and the dates are correct, you have made their job easier and far more likely to just get it done and approve quickly.

Last edited:

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
You're correct that they don't 'count' in the sense that they don't change the days-in-Canada count, but then neither do trips where one departs one day and returns the next.

Nonetheless: I'd suggest including them. If it can't be done on the electronic form because of limitations, include a sheet of paper and provide that additional info (with brief explanation the form doesn't let you do one day trips).

Why? Because credibility matters, and if IRCC does check the entry-exit info and discovers a bunch of un-reported trips, you have not only made their job easier* (they don't have to check the dates), but you've improved your credibility tremendously.

*Note, CBSA doesn't directly collect exit information, but must get it either from the airline manifests (still haven't heard that works) or from US CBP. Meaning, it is highly likely that these are not presented in easy tabular format one against the other, but must be checked 'manually' (or possibly using some dtabase tool). IN other words, possibly not easy, and possibly error prone. If you provide a simple table in a logical layout which they can cross check, and the dates are correct, you have made their job easier and far more likely to just get it done and approve quickly.
should trips be listed from "newest to oldest" or oldest to newest"

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same day trip don't count
From IMM5444:
Travel History

Include all absences (including those due to employment, vacations, trips to the United States and any other time you left Canada).

They certainly do count, since the instructions clearly indicate that all absences (including to the U.S.) are to be included...even if just crossing for lunch and a tank of gas. The day trips still count as a full day in Canada.

himezo

Apr 2, 2009
Hello everyone,

I tried to apply to renew my PR card through PR Portal and all my documents are ready to submit EXCEPT IMM5444. I am struggling about this issue for a week…

I tried everything that Nilanjan1987 said, but unfortunately, IMM5444 doesn’t say ready to submit.

I would appreciate if someone help me.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Hello everyone,

I tried to apply to renew my PR card through PR Portal and all my documents are ready to submit EXCEPT IMM5444. I am struggling about this issue for a week…

I tried everything that Nilanjan1987 said, but unfortunately, IMM5444 doesn’t say ready to submit.

I would appreciate if someone help me.
Same for me! Were you able to resolve this issue?

leonxa

Sep 28, 2012
Does anybody filled a PR renewal via PR online portal..? I need some help as my IMM5444 form is not showing ready for submit, however i filled absolutely 100% correct, i dont know what happend is somebody help me out in this
:cool:I tried other people's solutions (such as: shortening the description, removing special symbols, strictly modifying the 5-year start date & end date, and no gap between dates), but none of them worked for me. I was inspired by one of the replies, the post saying that he changed his email to re-register and redo everything again, so I quit the Safari browser (although I have removed any restrictions on this website), and replaced a Microsoft Edge browser on my Macbook, using the same account, refreshed every page of the IMM5444, and after saving, its status changed from "In Progress" to "Ready for Submit." It seems that the new system or their website is not Safari-friendly.I hope this saves everyone from frustration.:D

Reactions: Ponga

Larawidian1976

May 31, 2018
Jeddah
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Med's Request
30/07/2017
Med's Done....
17/08/2017
I cannot save my inputs on the form . Every time I save and close it the inputs disappear

julies39

Jun 4, 2012
Hey All,

I had the same issue with IMM 5444 showing as 'In Progress' even though everything was correct. I was using Firefox initially, so I tried signing in with the same email address but using Google Chrome this time. I went through IMM 5444 again without changing anything, and it worked. It went from yellow to green to indicate ready to submit. I then had to redo the declaration at the bottom as that one always disappears every time you open IMM 5444. I was just about to hit submit application, being so happy that the button was working, but thankfully I scrolled through my whole application again and all my uploaded evidence documents had disappeared.
So I went and signed back into the application portal from Firefox, and this time all forms were 'ready to submit' AND the uploaded documents were there. Be super careful everyone. I don't know why its so buggy, but double and triple check everything.
Couple of questions:
1) I have no confirmation email saying my application has been received or acknowledging that I have submitted. Is this normal?
2) Has anyone tried to contact IRCC to tell them about this mad glitch that is causing so much angst. Is there a form I can fill out somewhere?

Arslanmuggo

Nov 29, 2023
Hello Everyone,

My post should help most of you as I encountered all the problems mentioned by the members of this forum. I managed to find the bug and submitted 2 separate PR Card Renewal Application form online today for myself and my wife.

1) Problem 1: If your PR application is rejected with reason " PHOTO Missing" although you had uploaded the photos.

Ans: Many of you would have received the above mentioned reason for rejection. You need to click on the add/edit button next to your Front Photo Upload Space. Over there, you will see that your photo was rejected by the case officer even though the system did not raise an error when you uploaded the picture in the first instance. You will need to replace the photo by a different or same photo with higher pixel specifications (1200 x 1680).

2) Problem 2: If you have filled form 5444 completely and you are able to click on the button " complete and return to application" but it does not show Ready To Submit once you go to the main page.

Ans. First - Remove any alternate number mentioned on Page 2 - Keep that space blank.
Second - In the work experience column, under Activity/Job Description - Whatever you write, DONT use more than 30 letters to describe your job activity.
Third - In the travel history column - Do not use more than 30 letters to describe the reason for travel. Use 1 or 2 word max (eg: Visiting Family, Employment, Vacation)

Now when you click on the "complete and return to application" button - it will show " Ready to Submit" next to IMM5444.

3) Problem 3: Even though you have not missed a single day between your employment dates or travel outside canada dates or residential address columns - you find error which says : "Dont leave space between dates"

Ans: You have to overlap your dates even though you definitely left your previous job 1 day before you joined your new job.
Eg: 2021/11/13 to 2021/12/15 HSBC
2021/12/15 to 2022/02/10 CIBC

Currently the timeline to receive renewed PR cards is 67 day (approx)

Hope this post helps all of you. Good Luck.
Hi Nilanjan1987

I been trying for a week to submit my application but my form 5444 doesn't change to ready to submit. any chance you can help me with the process? I tried following your instruction but it didn't help maybe a second look might change that.

arslanmuggo@gmail.com

hope to hear from you

Wadaich786

Dec 13, 2023
Hey All,

I had the same issue with IMM 5444 showing as 'In Progress' even though everything was correct. I was using Firefox initially, so I tried signing in with the same email address but using Google Chrome this time. I went through IMM 5444 again without changing anything, and it worked. It went from yellow to green to indicate ready to submit. I then had to redo the declaration at the bottom as that one always disappears every time you open IMM 5444. I was just about to hit submit application, being so happy that the button was working, but thankfully I scrolled through my whole application again and all my uploaded evidence documents had disappeared.
So I went and signed back into the application portal from Firefox, and this time all forms were 'ready to submit' AND the uploaded documents were there. Be super careful everyone. I don't know why its so buggy, but double and triple check everything.
Couple of questions:
1) I have no confirmation email saying my application has been received or acknowledging that I have submitted. Is this normal?
2) Has anyone tried to contact IRCC to tell them about this mad glitch that is causing so much angst. Is there a form I can fill out somewhere?
I just tried login on chrome and try to submit
And it’s done in first try
Safari has some issues
Hope that work for you as well
Best of luck

Wadaich786

Dec 13, 2023
Hey All,

Couple of questions:
I just tried login on chrome and try to submit
And it’s done in first try
Safari has some issues
Hope that work for you as well
Best of luck