Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 27-08-15, COPR: 20-11-15
hi all,

ottawa has requested some additional documents from us including the IMM5409. I trust these additional docs will complete our file and my partner can join me in Toronto! My question is has anyone had to fill this form out for CPC when apart as we are? They ask for original signatures on the form so I want to be able to just have him sign the form, mail it to me and then I get it notarized here and mail to Ottawa.

Or do we have to both have someone notarize it on either side of the pond? anyone come up against this same issue whilst in different countries?

Wording from the email: IMM 5409—Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union form: please provide a signed and completed Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form (IMM 5409) bearing original signatures.

Maria04

Oct 4, 2021
hi all,

ottawa has requested some additional documents from us including the IMM5409. I trust these additional docs will complete our file and my partner can join me in Toronto! My question is has anyone had to fill this form out for CPC when apart as we are? They ask for original signatures on the form so I want to be able to just have him sign the form, mail it to me and then I get it notarized here and mail to Ottawa.

Or do we have to both have someone notarize it on either side of the pond? anyone come up against this same issue whilst in different countries?

Wording from the email: IMM 5409—Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union form: please provide a signed and completed Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form (IMM 5409) bearing original signatures.
Hi, did you figure it out how to sing the forms while in different countries?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, did you figure it out how to sing the forms while in different countries?
You replied to an 8 year old post. Might be best to start your own `fresh' thread, since that member is likely long gone!