+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5285, supporting documents for MARRIED couple; Am i overdoing it?

DANERIN

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
Hey guys,

So I'm onto IMM5285E which is the most work of them all. Dan and I have been married since March 2013. We had started dating September 2012.
So, I have printed off about 60 pages of messages and emails dated back to our first meeting in March 2008. We lived on literal opposite ends of the country for those 5 years before finally meeting up again, thus falling madly in love, and getting married after 6 short months of dating. Now I see that there really is no place for us to attach these supporting documents that show we have kept in contact for all those years. IF we were in a common-law relationship, I would have said, "IMM5285E, Question 5" but we don't have to answer that question because we are married.
I'm just wondering if all of these pages is overdoing it, or if you guys think I should just go ahead and send them anyway to validate and context everything for them...??

Thanks for your input guys!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
It really depends on the VO you are being processed out of. I considered ours (Manila) an "easy" VO as opposed to Singapore, which is a "brutally difficult" VO. For an application going to Singapore you have to include EVERYTHING that you have. We on the other hand, submitted pretty much the bare minimum to Manila, and didn't have a problem.

DANERIN

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
truesmile said:
It really depends on the VO you are being processed out of. I considered ours (Manila) an "easy" VO as opposed to Singapore, which is a "brutally difficult" VO. For an application going to Singapore you have to include EVERYTHING that you have. We on the other hand, submitted pretty much the bare minimum to Manila, and didn't have a problem.

Okay, Thanks! We will be sending our to London Office I believe, as Danny is Irish/ English. Maybe they're nice and easy too? ;D

Jokers

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
I don't think you're overdoing it at all.

With my application I included 69 pages of "Additional Proof of Relationship", and 31 pages of pictures (which were two or three pictures to a page). I also typed up a summary of our relationship that referenced to the pictures and the additional proof and where they applied. I did consolidate our skype chat log though. It was originally 2419 pages when I copied and pasted it into word...... I consolidated it into a sampling of 19 pages because I figured sending 2500 pages was a bit overkill... lol.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
DANERIN said:
Okay, Thanks! We will be sending our to London Office I believe, as Danny is Irish/ English. Maybe they're nice and easy too? ;D
Well good thing is that means you're applying from a visa exempt country, from which fraudulent applications are not so common, since you can come and visit here anyway. So you should be good.

DANERIN

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
Jokers said:

With my application I included 69 pages of "Additional Proof of Relationship", and 31 pages of pictures (which were two or three pictures to a page). I also typed up a summary of our relationship that referenced to the pictures and the additional proof and where they applied. I did consolidate our skype chat log though. It was originally 2419 pages when I copied and pasted it into word...... I consolidated it into a sampling of 19 pages because I figured sending 2500 pages was a bit overkill... lol.
Haha, This actually made me laugh. I have 157 photos on 13 pages of our relationship. I typed up an explanation for each on a separate sheet of paper. I thought maybe I was being neurotic, but this makes me feel so much better! Did you write "Additional Proof of Relationship" on the top of each sheet?
Also, did you have written letters from friends an family, talking about their involvement to your relationship, or did you just have them referenced in the IMM5285E Attachment page?

CHEERS!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It really depends on how long have you actually been living together and how much proof of that do you have. If it has been mostly an online relationship, even since you were married, then it would be good to include the msgs; 60 pages is a bit much, you could cut that down by just picking out the most relevant msgs.

But if you've been living together since you were married and have plenty of other proof of a solid relationship (your pics, joint bank statements/credit card statements/lease/mortgage/utilities, mail in each name and both names at the address, letters from friends/family etc.), then you really don't need to include the 60 pages.

My partner and I lived together for a few years before we applied; we didn't include any facebook/skype/emails/chats/texts/phone records etc.

As for organizing, there isn't really a need to label each extra page "Additional Proof". The easiest way to organize the app is with 3 envelopes; one envelope with all of the sponsor forms and documents (passport copy, Option C etc.), a second with all of the applicant's forms and documents passport copy, PCCs, medical etc.) and a third envelope with all of the relationship proof.

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
we sent 77 photos
155 pages of supporting documentation
and i sent random email print outs from every month we were dating
got letters from family and friends who have witnesses us as a couple and hung out with us
any financial documentation him sending you money you sending him money
any proof of gift exchange
oh you name it we sent it

married for 6 years 2 kids.

M

mikeymyke

truesmile said:
Yeah with Singapore you really gotta go all out. If my wife was from another visa office, I would be probably only send in like 1/5 of the pics and relationship proof that I'd already sent. With the 2nd lowest approval rate in the world (72%), you really need to prove to Singapore your marriage is genuine and not for PR.

DANERIN

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
Jokers said:

OK thats good to know. So for our 'supporting documents' some people re saying to put these in a separate envelope and label them, or do I attach individual 'supporting docs' to the IMM forms they are supporting?? I hope this question makes sense! Thank you again!!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
DANERIN said:
I would imagine being a UK citizen going through London would receive less scrutiny than most.