+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5257B Previous Travel

ClimbingSimon

Feb 10, 2019
Hi,

After submitting my application and biometrics for my International Experience Canada Work permit, I have received a request letter asking that I fill out section 8 (previous travel) of the IMM5257B form.
The letter asks:
Please fill out section 8 (previous travel) of the IMM5257B form. Please include your whereabouts from 2006-XX-XX to 2007-XX-XX. Please include the countries you have travelled to, resided in as well as your country of citizenship. Please make sure there are no gaps between the dates.

The dates I have hidden for privacy, but they are between my 18th birthday and when I started university.

The IMM5257B form on the other hand says:
Since the age of 18 or during the past five years, whichever is more recent

So which do I need to give?
Just between those dates in 2006-2007?
Between the 2006-2007 dates AND the last five years?
My entire travel history since 2006 due to the "no gaps between dates"?

I'm from the UK and, because travel within Europe is relatively cheap and visa free, I have been on quite a lot of trips abroad, I think I'd struggle to list the dates of all of them within the last 12 years on a form!!

ClimbingSimon

Feb 10, 2019
Why don't you write it down on a LOE and send it to them about not having records or memory of all your travels.
Good idea, however the option to upload a Letter Of Explanation doesn't appear in the optional documents to upload section anymore, only the IMM5257 does.

ClimbingSimon

Feb 10, 2019
I've worked out my dates/locations of travel between the 06-07 dates and for the last five years, so I think I'll put both of those, but not the time between 2007 and 2014 as that seems unnecessary going by what the form says.

My one possibly concern is that the letter says:
"Please include the countries you have travelled to, resided in as well as your country of citizenship. Please make sure there are no gaps between the dates."

Could that mean they want me to declare times I was at home in England, as well as times away??
I mean I wouldn't have thought so as the form doesn't seem designed for that, and surely by default, when I'm not away, I'm back home..

Reactions: bob_schaf

Gareth85x

Mar 12, 2020
I've worked out my dates/locations of travel between the 06-07 dates and for the last five years, so I think I'll put both of those, but not the time between 2007 and 2014 as that seems unnecessary going by what the form says.

My one possibly concern is that the letter says:
"Please include the countries you have travelled to, resided in as well as your country of citizenship. Please make sure there are no gaps between the dates."

Could that mean they want me to declare times I was at home in England, as well as times away??
I mean I wouldn't have thought so as the form doesn't seem designed for that, and surely by default, when I'm not away, I'm back home..
Just wondering how you got on with this? I received the same request letter yesterday and trying to work out what dates I need to put as I had no travel outside my home country until last year