+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5257 with Study Permit for an existing TRV holder

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
If I already have a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) under student, do I still need to fill IMM5257 again with my study permit application?

Also, if I don't need a new TRV then do i still need to send my passport for study permit or study permit comes via email? Thanks

Reactions: iamarvnd

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
I have a SW-1 Visa but couldn't travel due to travel restriction and now planning to apply for study permit again for new course starting Fall 2021. Are you guys applying under SDS or non-SDS?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
If I already have a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) under student, do I still need to fill IMM5257 again with my study permit application?

Also, if I don't need a new TRV then do i still need to send my passport for study permit or study permit comes via email? Thanks
When you fill the form online, it will generate a check list and then you'll know what all needs to be submitted. You can generate a mock checklist without actually submitting by clicking here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Whats your country guys? and what is the processing time for non-SDS applications in your country these days?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
No, once you are approved study permit and get ppt request, send it and they will affix S1 TRV on your ppt
In my case, I already have a SW-1 expiring this Sept 2021 and for new course, would be a needing a new SW-1 that would be valid till next year. So they will affix a new visa on my passport after I receive passport request?