Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Has anyone here filled out the IMM1344E (Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking) form by hand? Here's the thing: We filled up this form electronically and validated it and printed it, BUT we forgot one little detail, specifically in the section "Have you ever used any other name?" and we would like to add it by hand. Do you think this is okay? We've signed the papers already so we can't re-validate and reprint anymore (since I would have to sign the papers again and mail it to my sponsor). Can we just write the additional information by hand on the form (even though we can't electronically validate it anymore)? Thank you in advance for those who can help.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
shadowpetit said:
Has anyone here filled out the IMM1344E (Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking) form by hand? Here's the thing: We filled up this form electronically and validated it and printed it, BUT we forgot one little detail, specifically in the section "Have you ever used any other name?" and we would like to add it by hand. Do you think this is okay? We've signed the papers already so we can't re-validate and reprint anymore (since I would have to sign the papers again and mail it to my sponsor). Can we just write the additional information by hand on the form (even though we can't electronically validate it anymore)? Thank you in advance for those who can help.
You have to redo them electronically. There's a reason for those validate buttons.

shadowpetit

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
But what about for those who filled out the forms by hand? They don't have bar codes. I don't want to have to reprint and sign again and spend a fortune sending the forms to my sponsor again and wait a few days till he receives it. Is there any way we can just add a note or just fill out the missing information by hand?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
I agree with Parker. BUT . . .

If you are comfortable (and ONLY if), why don't you re-do the form (validation and all) but use the same "signed" page 7 from what you have? You would be sending in a much more accurate application in comparison with 'adding the information by hand', and I don't believe the signature page has bar-codes on it, right?

shadowpetit

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
truesmile said:
I agree with Parker. BUT . . .

If you are comfortable (and ONLY if), why don't you re-do the form (validation and all) but use the same "signed" page 7 from what you have? You would be sending in a much more accurate application in comparison with 'adding the information by hand', and I don't believe the signature page has bar-codes on it, right?

Hi truesmile, thanks for your reply. I DID think about doing this, but unfortunately, all the pages for this form has a unique little number printed on the bottom right of the page, and it changes every time I VALIDATE the page. So if my sponsor reprinted the pages, they will have a different number from the old page where we have our signatures on. :(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
shadowpetit said:
But what about for those who filled out the forms by hand? They don't have bar codes. I don't want to have to reprint and sign again and spend a fortune sending the forms to my sponsor again and wait a few days till he receives it. Is there any way we can just add a note or just fill out the missing information by hand?
You can't do them by hand. They must be done via online sadly.

shadowpetit

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
parker24 said:
You can't do them by hand. They must be done via online sadly.
Are they going to reject the sponsor application if we write something by hand? Coz I haven't seen in any of the guides in CIC that says, it has to be STRICTLY filled online. It is the recommended method, but there have been cases where people sent in applications by hand. So I'm just wondering whether this is an issue that is a make or break with regards to the approval of the application.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
shadowpetit said:
Are they going to reject the sponsor application if we write something by hand? Coz I haven't seen in any of the guides in CIC that says, it has to be STRICTLY filled online. It is the recommended method, but there have been cases where people sent in applications by hand. So I'm just wondering whether this is an issue that is a make or break with regards to the approval of the application.
With that form, the barcodes show what is in the form itself and makes it much easier for them to A) send you an AOR and B ) see what is in the form. So you make something different in there, they are going to think you did it wrong and send the form back OR they will be forced to look for your form and see if you wrote in it.

It says here on CIC : The new Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM1344) should now be accessed electronically, and sponsors can save a partially completed application form. Similar to the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008), data entry is facilitated into GCMS by incorporating barcodes which will be generated when applicants complete their form electronically. The bar codes will only appear on the IMM 1344 application form once all required information has been correctly completed and the “Validate” button (located at the top and bottom of the application form) has been pressed. The bar codes, which will print on the last page of the form, will contain all of the data entered by the applicant and may be scanned for direct upload into GCMS. To assist applicants to accurately complete the new IMM 1344, they will be prompted electronically as they progress through the form. With the increased amount of data collected by GCMS, this feature will be very important to assist offices inputting data. CIC continues to examine ways to further facilitate data entry to ensure that the information requested from clients will be available for case processing without having to enter it manually.

Officers should encourage applicants to complete the new forms electronically (not by hand) and not submit old application forms. Officers and applicants are encouraged to read the instruction guide as it contains further details regarding the completion of the new application forms.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob325B.asp

shadowpetit

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
So I guess I really would need to reprint the form with the corrected details, sign it, mail it again (which would cost me a fortune) and wait 5 days again for my sponsor to receive it. :( Is the "other names" section really that important though? Do they check ALL the names you've used in your life? Maybe we can just leave it as it is and not add an additional name. What do you think?

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I completed and printed those 3 times due to small errors. I didnt use ANY hand writing on those. Do it again.

shadowpetit

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Korea2Canada said:
I completed and printed those 3 times due to small errors. I didnt use ANY hand writing on those. Do it again.
It would be so much easier if my sponsor and I were together and I can just reprint it as many times I want and not have to spend money and time to send it again to Canada. :(

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
shadowpetit said:
So I guess I really would need to reprint the form with the corrected details, sign it, mail it again (which would cost me a fortune) and wait 5 days again for my sponsor to receive it. :( Is the "other names" section really that important though? Do they check ALL the names you've used in your life? Maybe we can just leave it as it is and not add an additional name. What do you think?
My partner has a nickname, but we didn't add it. Even though I realized later it's the name everybody calls him in the Philippines and we should have added it. It was fine. I seriously think it would be fine if you added that one little detail by hand.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
shadowpetit said:
It would be so much easier if my sponsor and I were together and I can just reprint it as many times I want and not have to spend money and time to send it again to Canada. :(
I know how hard it is to mail everything back and forth to get them signed. Some forms that he printed it didn't even print the barcode very clearly because of poor ink quality in the internet cafe. So I saved the signature page and added another clearer copy (no signature) in case they couldn't read the bar code on the first page.

shadowpetit

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Steph C said:
I know how hard it is to mail everything back and forth to get them signed. Some forms that he printed it didn't even print the barcode very clearly because of poor ink quality in the internet cafe. So I saved the signature page and added another clearer copy (no signature) in case they couldn't read the bar code on the first page.
Hi Steph! Do you think it's okay to reprint the other six pages and just affix the signature page (even if it has a different security number on the bottom right of the page? Or would it just be better to handwrite the "family name" that we missed (we forgot to put in a family name that he used before he was adopted), and hope that they would consider this. Will they really return the application to ask that we type the handwritten word and validate it again? Thanks Steph!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
shadowpetit said:
Hi Steph! Do you think it's okay to reprint the other six pages and just affix the signature page (even if it has a different security number on the bottom right of the page? Or would it just be better to handwrite the "family name" that we missed (we forgot to put in a family name that he used before he was adopted), and hope that they would consider this. Will they really return the application to ask that we type the handwritten word and validate it again? Thanks Steph!
It's a family name.. that's a bit more important than just a nick name. They will find that on the birth certificate. You need that! I don't know what to tell you! The barcode pages are the most critical.

What would I do? Maybe not a great question.. But I would add it by hand and send the damn thing in :D

Reprinting the pages.. I'm not sure - if he signed a page with a different security #. Actually I think when I sent him the forms, what I did was scan only the signature page and email it to him, then he signed and fedexed it back, cost was $20