+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM1344 Sponsor eligibility assessment Question 6

joash9292

May 29, 2017
In IMM1344 question 6 of sponsor eligibility assessment asks "Have you submitted a previous application in respect to which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?" I'm sponsoring my spouse but there is already a TRV application which we applied for her and has been in progress for the last six months. Should I give "No" as this is a question specific to sponsorship?

oam

Oct 3, 2021
This question per my understanding is only meant for PR applications. See below:

A sponsor who has filed a sponsorship application on behalf of a foreign national cannot submit another sponsorship application on behalf of the same person if a final decision has not been made on the application for permanent residence submitted with the first sponsorship [R10(5)]. This also applies where a final decision on an appeal has not been made by the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) on an application for permanent residence that had been refused.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-assessing-sponsor.html#multiple

Hope that helps