+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM1344 Qtn.

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
I have a question to ask on IMM1344.

Question 1. If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to:

*Withdraw your sponsorship application. All processing fees less $75 will be refunded.

OR

* Proceed with the application for permanent residence. Processing fees will be retained.

Which one do you choose?

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
I personally choose refund. If I don't qualify as a sponsor, my wife will have no chance getting approved under the Family Class Sponsorship. I am better off fixing the qualification deficiency and reapply.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, choose refund. If the sponsor is not eligible to sponsor, the applicant's PR application will be refused anyway. It is better to get the application back at the sponsor stage, fix whatever the problem was, and reapply.

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Warsaw - PL / Oshawa - CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016 (missed); request by phone on 21-06-2016
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
Tickets bought for: 12-09-2016
I chose no refund, since i set my mind for a win win situation :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mia_79 said:
I chose no refund, since i set my mind for a win win situation :)
choosing continue is not a win win, it is a lose lose. your application can not be approved without a sponsor, so if your sponsor is not approved, neither will you. it's better to withdraw the application and get your money back so you can reapply at a later date. having your application continue means they will process the PA fee just to get a rejection. if for some reason your sponsor is rejected (highly unlikely unless they don't qualify), you can still choose to withdraw your application and get your PA fee back.

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Warsaw - PL / Oshawa - CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016 (missed); request by phone on 21-06-2016
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
Tickets bought for: 12-09-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
choosing continue is not a win win, it is a lose lose. your application can not be approved without a sponsor, so if your sponsor is not approved, neither will you. it's better to withdraw the application and get your money back so you can reapply at a later date. having your application continue means they will process the PA fee just to get a rejection. if for some reason your sponsor is rejected (highly unlikely unless they don't qualify), you can still choose to withdraw your application and get your PA fee back.
By all means you are right in your statement. Each case is different and should be approach as such. Given that I am have a Canadian citizenship, a lasting marriage for the past 4 years with assets in Canada, our case was a formality. Not everyone is as lucky and should judge the situation with adequate logic.

I would like to believe that this choice is there for a reason, rather than just a way to rip people off hard earned funds.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
The only time it would be advisable to select to not receive the refund is when the sponsor knows they won't be eligible and there are reasonable grounds for H&C when appealing the refusal.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, the choice is there for a reason. People choose the 'continue processing even if the sponsor is ineligible' when they know the sponsor is ineligible and they are hoping to win an appeal on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

If the sponsor knows going in that he or she is not eligible to sponsor, then this is a reasonable choice. For most people, the sponsor is eligible, and the only reason the sponsor would be found ineligible is because they made a mistake on the forms. In this case, it is better to get the application back quickly, fix the mistake, and reapply. Some sponsors are not aware they are ineligible, and in this case as well, it is better to find out sooner rather than later, so whatever the problem is can be dealt with.

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
canadianwoman said:
Yes, the choice is there for a reason. People choose the 'continue processing even if the sponsor is ineligible' when they know the sponsor is ineligible and they are hoping to win an appeal on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

If the sponsor knows going in that he or she is not eligible to sponsor, then this is a reasonable choice. For most people, the sponsor is eligible, and the only reason the sponsor would be found ineligible is because they made a mistake on the forms. In this case, it is better to get the application back quickly, fix the mistake, and reapply. Some sponsors are not aware they are ineligible, and in this case as well, it is better to find out sooner rather than later, so whatever the problem is can be dealt with.
You make a good point, thanks for sharing. :)

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Oh by the way, I have validated it but now will like to change Qtn 1. Do I need to redo everything and print out all 7 pages again or just page 1? Will the previous validation kept my old answer?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
babymistycat said:
Oh by the way, I have validated it but now will like to change Qtn 1. Do I need to redo everything and print out all 7 pages again or just page 1? Will the previous validation kept my old answer?
Validate again, print the whole thing again.

You'll notice the numbers on the bottom of the page will change. They must all match.

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
ImABule said:
Validate again, print the whole thing again.

You'll notice the numbers on the bottom of the page will change. They must all match.
Thanks for your advice, I am so close to submitting. Just finishing up all the necessary stuffs before courier open on Tuesday. :)