+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM1294E - Master's - Estimation of Costs of Studies for 1 year or 2 years?

Light106

May 7, 2017
Hello,

I have been accepted to Master in Mechanical Eng and I am funded by the university and my advisor (Through scholarship, TA and RA). The amount of money I am being paid covers all my costs (tuition and living expenses).

In my admission letter, only funding and financial aid for the first year of my master is mentioned (but it will be renewed for the second year as well). Should I double the scholarship (the written amount in the letter) and write it in the IMM1294E form? Also is it correct to mention the university as the source who pays my expenses?

In the form, IMM1294E, for the cost of my studies, should I write the total amount for the master's degree (two years) or should I enter the cost for the first year? ( In accordance with my admission letter that only mentions financial aid for the first year)

Also, my parents will help me financially to some extent. Where should I mention the fact that I will be supported by them (If it is needed) and where should I write the amount of money my parents will give me for example 10000 CAD?

Sorry. It got a bit long.

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Light106 said:
Hello,

I have been accepted to Master in Mechanical Eng and I am funded by the university and my advisor (Through scholarship, TA and RA). The amount of money I am being paid covers all my costs (tuition and living expenses).

In my admission letter, only funding and financial aid for the first year of my master is mentioned (but it will be renewed for the second year as well). Should I double the scholarship (the written amount in the letter) and write it in the IMM1294E form? Also is it correct to mention the university as the source who pays my expenses?

In the form, IMM1294E, for the cost of my studies, should I write the total amount for the master's degree (two years) or should I enter the cost for the first year? ( In accordance with my admission letter that only mentions financial aid for the first year)

Also, my parents will help me financially to some extent. Where should I mention the fact that I will be supported by them (If it is needed) and where should I write the amount of money my parents will give me for example 10000 CAD?

Sorry. It got a bit long.
Usually the estimate should be for a year not two. In my personal opinion, u will suggest you prove a personal source of income. I would if I were in your situation. Congrats though... Use what is readily available not the one to come in the future..

Light106

May 7, 2017
Losangeles101 said:
Usually the estimate should be for a year not two. In my personal opinion, u will suggest you prove a personal source of income. I would if I were in your situation. Congrats though... Use what is readily available not the one to come in the future..
Thanks for your reply.

So I should write the amount for tuition and fees + housing for one year? Did i get it right?

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Thanks for your reply.

So I should write the amount for tuition and fees + housing for one year? Did i get it right?
Yeah... You can sum up your funding including any additional source of funds that you can prove like your bank statement or that of a relative. On my part I only used a bank statement for a sponsor. Though I attached my bank statement and a partial tuition of 5400 out of 10800. My sponsor had a statement with more than 100000 cad$ so I used the converted amount on the sponsors statement for the form IMM 1294E.