Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Hey all,
I have a question regarding the imm0008dep form.
I am anticipating after our appeal when the app is sent back for processing
(May be jumping the gun but im hopeful).
Ive seen most people have to redo the applicants set of forms. I dont remember doing this form before. My hubby (applicant) has no children of his own. I have 5, 3 of which are adults and technically not dependant on me. Do i add all 5 of my children or just the ones under 18?
If i just have the 2 minors, do i need that form still? A bit confused.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Oldest child was 22 and did not live at home.
2nd oldest, 21 did not live at home
3rd was 18, lived at home yet financially independant.
The other 2 are minors. All born in Canada from previous relationship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey all,
I have a question regarding the imm0008dep form.
I am anticipating after our appeal when the app is sent back for processing
(May be jumping the gun but im hopeful).
Ive seen most people have to redo the applicants set of forms. I dont remember doing this form before. My hubby (applicant) has no children of his own. I have 5, 3 of which are adults and technically not dependant on me. Do i add all 5 of my children or just the ones under 18?
If i just have the 2 minors, do i need that form still? A bit confused.
That form only applies if the Principal Applicant has more than 5 dependent children.

Reactions: Sarahannclarke5

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
That form only applies if the Principal Applicant has more than 5 dependent children.
I did see that, but mentions step children as well. I assume it means children not only Canadian born, or that may need sponsoring one day. Was a little confused as my 5 children are his step children, but of course will not need sponsoring at any point.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I did see that, but mentions step children as well. I assume it means children not only Canadian born, or that may need sponsoring one day. Was a little confused as my 5 children are his step children, but of course will not need sponsoring at any point.
Only step-children that are included in the app as dependents, i.e. not Canadian citizens or PRs.

Remember that these forms are generic and used in all immigration streams, so it is possible in non-spousal sponsorship apps for the PA's step-children to be non-Canadians that are included as dependents.

Reactions: Sarahannclarke5

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Only step-children that are included in the app as dependents, i.e. not Canadian citizens or PRs.

Remember that these forms are generic and used in all immigration streams, so it is possible in non-spousal sponsorship apps for the PA's step-children to be non-Canadians that are included as dependents.
Thank you