+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM0008 GENERIC APPLICATION - Questions

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
I'm not stupid but for the life of me I can't understand the wording in these questions:

Q3 - Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.

I'm the only person being sponsored. Do I count parents, siblings, etc. even though they have no intention of ever coming to Canada? I'd say no, but the last sentence in the instructions is confusing

Q4 - Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

I'm currently living in Canada so this is an inland application. however I'm on a visitor visa which is only valid for 6months, not the required 1 year. Should I still write down CPC Mississauga??

DEPENDANTS SECTION

You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t, you will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application. You must include your spouse or common law partner.

Same doubts as in question 1. I have no dependants or any family member that I'll ever want to sponsor. My spouse is a Canadian citizen - HE is the sponsor. Do I leave this blank and complete the Additional Family Information form instead?

Sorry to sound dumb but reading through the instruction guide has only made things more confusing.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Sometimes when you have a dependent but is not coming but still have to be on the application thats where that comes in So for you the answer would be 2

Mississauga is what you would use as you are applying inland , Once you send off the papers attach a work permit application with it, this will give you implied status.
Additional information is where you will add mother father and sisters and bothers.This is for the applicant not the sponsor

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
MissRepresentation said:
I'm not stupid but for the life of me I can't understand the wording in these questions:

Q3 - Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.]

I'm the only person being sponsored. Do I count parents, siblings, etc. even though they have no intention of ever coming to Canada? I'd say no, but the last sentence in the instructions is confusing
Question no. 3 says: "How many members, including you, are in this application(see instruction guide)?
The answer for this question should be 1.

MissRepresentation said:
Q4 - Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

I'm currently living in Canada so this is an inland application. however I'm on a visitor visa which is only valid for 6months, not the required 1 year. Should I still write down CPC Mississauga??
If you are filing an inland application, your office should be CPC-M. (Mississauga)

MissRepresentation said:
DEPENDANTS SECTION

You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If you don't, you will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application. You must include your spouse or common law partner.

Same doubts as in question 1. I have no dependants or any family member that I'll ever want to sponsor. My spouse is a Canadian citizen - HE is the sponsor. Do I leave this blank and complete the Additional Family Information form instead?

Sorry to sound dumb but reading through the instruction guide has only made things more confusing.
Same as question 3, you have no dependents to add on this application.Your spouse is sponsoring only you, and you have no children who are not PR or Canadian citizens, right?
Don't leave the section blank, simply click on the button next to it that says "Remove dependent"

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Thank you both. Some of the answers are obvious, others not so much. I just don't want to make silly mistakes that will delay the whole thing even more.

Taffy7, are you from Cardiff?

Ellaine Yabut

Jan 18, 2021
Philippines
Category........
Other
Hello everyone ! Im single and i dont have children so , i have to remove the dependant button in the generic form ? Thank you in advance hope someone will help ke