+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM0008 for child eligible for Canadian citizenship

IrfaanA

Dec 14, 2020
Hi
My wife is a Canadian citizen and is sponsoring me for PR under the family class, we both live in the UK.
We understand our son, who was born in the UK and has UK citizenship as wlel, is eligible for Canadian citizenship through my wife and his application to confirm citizenship is in process.
Do I fill out his details in IMM0008 as a dependent as he doesn't have proof of Canadian citizenship yet or not?
Thank you

Reactions: Saidov

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi
My wife is a Canadian citizen and is sponsoring me for PR under the family class, we both live in the UK.
We understand our son, who was born in the UK and has UK citizenship as wlel, is eligible for Canadian citizenship through my wife and his application to confirm citizenship is in process.
Do I fill out his details in IMM0008 as a dependent as he doesn't have proof of Canadian citizenship yet or not?
Thank you
No. As a putative citizen, he can't be included in a PR application. Check the instructions, I believe it says to include copies of the application for citizenship.

You do include in family information forms though.

Saidov

Aug 19, 2022
Thank you very much!

Finally, did you not mention the child on IMM0008 did they accept your request even without mentioning it?
At the time of filing your file, did the child have a Canadian citizenship certificate or not?
thank you very much

IrfaanA

Dec 14, 2020
Child had applied for but not received Canadian citizenship certificate. Was accepted without their name on it.

Reactions: Saidov