+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5768 for Sponsoring Grandma and my 2 parents.

AstridM

Jan 19, 2021
Financial evaluation for parents and grandparents IMM 5768 form
Please help! , Im sponsoring my mother, father and Grandma with my husband as co-signer (so we have a family of 5 in total, no children).

I started filling up this form one for my Father( Principal Applicant) and another Financial Evaluation for my Grandmother (also as Principal Applicant)

My father's IMM 5768 form should probably include my mother since they are applying together, right? :
Q2 You: 1
Q3
A. Current undertaking: 1
B.(ii) Previous undertakings not yet in effect: 2
Q5 Spouse co-signer: 1

or should it be:

Q3
A. Current undertaking: 2
B.(ii) Previous undertakings not yet in effect: 1

Sorry, this is very difficult to illustrate and has been delaying me with the forms for some days.
Thank you for your time.

Reactions: natsy

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Please help! , Im sponsoring my mother, father and Grandma with my husband as co-signer (so we have a family of 5 in total, no children).

I started filling up this form one for my Father( Principal Applicant) and another Financial Evaluation for my Grandmother (also as Principal Applicant)

My father's IMM 5768 form should probably include my mother since they are applying together, right? :
Q3

or should it be:

Q3

Sorry, this is very difficult to illustrate and has been delaying me with the forms for some days.
Thank you for your time.
they all should fall under current undertaking. previous undertaking are the ones you already sponsored and arrived in canada or being sponsored that is in process.

Reactions: AstridM

prasadsh

Nov 15, 2017
@natsy , can you please help me with my below queries:
1) I am now sponsoring my mom for PR. So current undertaking is 1. However before PR, my mom came to Canada on visitor visa for which I was sponsor as well. She is still staying in Canada as I applied for her extension. Since I previously sponsored her for visitor visa, should I mention the previous undertaking as 1 or since I am sponsoring the same person, should I mention it to 0? Also my son who is 11 and came on visitor student visa sponsered by me is now have PR. Should he be also under previous undertaking?

2) My wife is co-signer for the sponsorship. She had job in 2017, 2018. She lost her job in the end of 2019 due to covid. But now in Jan 2021, at the time of this application, she again got the job. I want to understand, can she be co-signer for the application? If yes, what should I mention in the box for question #5 and #6?

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
@natsy , can you please help me with my below queries:
1) I am now sponsoring my mom for PR. So current undertaking is 1. However before PR, my mom came to Canada on visitor visa for which I was sponsor as well. She is still staying in Canada as I applied for her extension. Since I previously sponsored her for visitor visa, should I mention the previous undertaking as 1 or since I am sponsoring the same person, should I mention it to 0? Also my son who is 11 and came on visitor student visa sponsered by me is now have PR. Should he be also under previous undertaking?

2) My wife is co-signer for the sponsorship. She had job in 2017, 2018. She lost her job in the end of 2019 due to covid. But now in Jan 2021, at the time of this application, she again got the job. I want to understand, can she be co-signer for the application? If yes, what should I mention in the box for question #5 and #6?
1. Did you sign un undertaking agreement when you sponsored your mom for a tourist visa? If yes and if it's still in effect, then put 1 in section 3. B)i)and provide her name in question 9 under current undertaking. For your son, is the undertaking still in effect? if yes, include him in the 3. B) i) and write his name in question 9 as well under current undertaking. If your undertaking for your son is no longer in effect, he should be listed in question 6. I think it's best to attach an explanation that your current undertaking is also you mom whom you are sponsoring.

2. As long as you meet the 2019 LICO, it should not be a problem. Include her CERB if she did claim.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
1. Did you sign un undertaking agreement when you sponsored your mom for a tourist visa? If yes and if it's still in effect, then put 1 in section 3. B)i)and provide her name in question 9 under current undertaking. For your son, is the undertaking still in effect? if yes, include him in the 3. B) i) and write his name in question 9 as well under current undertaking. If your undertaking for your son is no longer in effect, he should be listed in question 6. I think it's best to attach an explanation that your current undertaking is also you mom whom you are sponsoring.

2. As long as you meet the 2019 LICO, it should not be a problem. Include her CERB if she did claim.
There is no REAL undertaking for tourist visa. (not like his mom can cliam social assistance and he has to pay back like the case for PGP sponsorship). So he doesnt' need to count the tourist visa.

Reactions: ajgrewal

prasadsh

Nov 15, 2017

Thanks @natsy for your prompt response.

Reactions: natsy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Q3

or should it be:

Q3

Thank you for your time.
Are you allowed to sponsor both your parents and grandparents when you are selected for one application? Parents and grandmother would be separate applications. Generally curious? I was under the impression it needed to be selected twice. Have you verified with IRCC if you can include multiple family groups?

MuzafferQA

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2014
Med's Done....
22-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:05-06-2014, PPR2:17-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Are you allowed to sponsor both your parents and grandparents when you are selected for one application? Parents and grandmother would be separate applications. Generally curious? I was under the impression it needed to be selected twice. Have you verified with IRCC if you can include multiple family groups?
You can apply for parents and grandparents in single application invite. sponsor might have mentioned it when he expressed his intention to sponsor.

Deepster2303

Nov 30, 2018

Q3

or should it be:

Q3

Thank you for your time.

Hey @AstridM, I am in the same situation in 2022 - I am sponsoring my parents and grandmother. Finally how did you fill the application? Can you please share?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
You can apply for parents and grandparents in single application invite. sponsor might have mentioned it when he expressed his intention to sponsor.
Can I sponsor more than one person through the Parents and Grandparents Program?
Yes, you may sponsor more than one person if you want to.
If you are invited to apply, you can sponsor your parents and grandparents.
To do so, you will need to submit separate applications for each person (or couple) you sponsor. We will process each application separately.
You’ll have to meet the income requirements for all people you apply to sponsor and their dependants.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
On the interest to sponsor form I only mentioned one parent. Can I now apply to sponsor them both?
You can apply to sponsor both parents (or both grandparents) under the same confirmation number if
  • you were invited and
  • you meet the income cut-off needed to sponsor both of them
You should also include a letter explaining why you’re sending applications for both your parents or grandparents when only one was on your interest to sponsor form.
We don’t accept multiple applications in one package. If you’re sending more than one application, you need to send them separately.
Note, if you are applying to sponsor parents and grandparents, send a separate application package for parents and for grandparents.