+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5713 vs. IMM 5476

Chyna

Jul 10, 2019
Hi! I created a MyCIC account under my father's name as he will be the principal applicant. I am a PR and is currently applying TRV for both my mom and dad online. After answering all questions it generated required documents. I see - Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) and Use of Representative (IMM5476). ***As per IMM5713 -the form is for FAMILY MEMBERS WHO WISH TO APPLY ONLINE TOGETHER in ONE MYCIC submission. To do so, all members must complete this form (one per family) to appoint the family member whose MYCIC ACCOUNT WILL BE USED to submit the applications. Under section A shows Family Member Representative***. ---It gets a little confusing, because first - I am not using my MYCIC account. Second - it appears as if this should be filled out by my father but he's not the representative either. Please help clarify this! Thanks!

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi! I created a MyCIC account under my father's name as he will be the principal applicant. I am a PR and is currently applying TRV for both my mom and dad online. After answering all questions it generated required documents. I see - Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) and Use of Representative (IMM5476). ***As per IMM5713 -the form is for FAMILY MEMBERS WHO WISH TO APPLY ONLINE TOGETHER in ONE MYCIC submission. To do so, all members must complete this form (one per family) to appoint the family member whose MYCIC ACCOUNT WILL BE USED to submit the applications. Under section A shows Family Member Representative***. ---It gets a little confusing, because first - I am not using my MYCIC account. Second - it appears as if this should be filled out by my father but he's not the representative either. Please help clarify this! Thanks!
IMM5713 is required since your Dad and Mom's applications go together. The account is under your Dad, so he needs to represent your Mom as he is the primary applicant.

Refer to these threads
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/confused-between-2-different-representative-forms.570282/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/use-of-a-family-member-representative-imm-5713.240030/

Chyna

Jul 10, 2019
IMM5713 is required since your Dad and Mom's applications go together. The account is under your Dad, so he needs to represent your Mom as he is the primary applicant.

Refer to these threads
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/confused-between-2-different-representative-forms.570282/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/use-of-a-family-member-representative-imm-5713.240030/

Thank you kat3onah! So to verify, I need to fill out both forms. 5713 -in which the representative is my dad because it is his account and 5476- to suggests that I am representing them both? Thanks again!

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Thank you kat3onah! So to verify, I need to fill out both forms. 5713 -in which the representative is my dad because it is his account and 5476- to suggests that I am representing them both? Thanks again!
No! Read https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/confused-between-2-different-representative-forms.570282/

According to Bryanna "If you are the authorized representative for both your parents, they must not submit IMM 5713. They would only submit IMM 5476"

Chyna

Jul 10, 2019
No! Read https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/confused-between-2-different-representative-forms.570282/

According to Bryanna "If you are the authorized representative for both your parents, they must not submit IMM 5713. They would only submit IMM 5476"

Thanks for replying back. So what do we do with the other form 5713 then? I don't think you can leave it blank. They were both auto generated for online applications, hence, why it gets confusing.

agrawalravi90

Jan 29, 2019
@Chyna I'm in the same boat. Were you able to figure out what to do with IMM 5713? it's a required document on the document checklist, so cannot be skipped.

Chyna

Jul 10, 2019
Hi @agrawalravi90! My application got approved. I created an account for my dad and pretend that it was him filling out the forms. As far as I can remember, I only filled out IMM5713 so he can represent my mom in the application. Hope it helps!

Reactions: agrawalravi90

agrawalravi90

Jan 29, 2019
Hi @agrawalravi90! My application got approved. I created an account for my dad and pretend that it was him filling out the forms. As far as I can remember, I only filled out IMM5713 so he can represent my mom in the application. Hope it helps!
Great to know that that worked, thanks a ton for replying back!

tata0692

Sep 12, 2016
Hi @Chyna
What did you answer for the initial questionnaire for representative? Did you enter No and continued filling the application?
I am in a similar situation like yours

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thanks for replying back. So what do we do with the other form 5713 then? I don't think you can leave it blank. They were both auto generated for online applications, hence, why it gets confusing.
I know this is an old message but I'm filling out TRV application for my in-laws. Didn't your parents had to physically signed some forms, like 5713, 5645?

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Hi I followed the same as mentioned by @Chyna. So filled out 5713 as it only got generated. However my question is as I am applying online I am not signing the forms physically so once I complete both the forms for my parents under the guise As my father. I digitally sign at the end however my question is how will my mothers sign be done as she also did not physically sign on the form but had the 5713 signed and uploaded .

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi I followed the same as mentioned by @Chyna. So filled out 5713 as it only got generated. However my question is as I am applying online I am not signing the forms physically so once I complete both the forms for my parents under the guise As my father. I digitally sign at the end however my question is how will my mothers sign be done as she also did not physically sign on the form but had the 5713 signed and uploaded .
So this is what I understood after spending some time on the TRV application. It says on the website that the applicant does not have to sign the application form, it doesn't say all the forms.

When you go to the checklist on GCKey, you will see only one form in the Application form section: IMM 5257.

So this should be the only form you don't have to sign. It's also the only form that says Application at the top, and at the signature box, it says sign and date if you are sending by mail.

The form IMM 5713 must be signed by the other applicant(s), so it should be signed and scanned by your mother. This means that she agrees that the application will be submitted via his GCKey profile. With the form signed and updated, the principal applicant will sign the entire application at the end. Because your mother signed 5713, she does not need to sign 5257. You just validate and upload the PDF.

As for all other forms (statutory declaration, IMM 5476, etc.) they need to be signed because it would include someone else's signature. To help my PIL, we filled the forms (5476, 5645 x 2, 5713) and mailed the pages that had to be signed by DHL and we will link it in one PDF for each once they send it back to us.

Maybe someone sent without signing anything and it was fine but it doesn't make sense to me that a form that should have the signature of someone is not signed by them, as they are not electronically signing the TRV application. Hope this makes sense.

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Thanks
So this is what I understood after spending some time on the TRV application. It says on the website that the applicant does not have to sign the application form, it doesn't say all the forms.

When you go to the checklist on GCKey, you will see only one form in the Application form section: IMM 5257.

So this should be the only form you don't have to sign. It's also the only form that says Application at the top, and at the signature box, it says sign and date if you are sending by mail.

The form IMM 5713 must be signed by the other applicant(s), so it should be signed and scanned by your mother. This means that she agrees that the application will be submitted via his GCKey profile. With the form signed and updated, the principal applicant will sign the entire application at the end. Because your mother signed 5713, she does not need to sign 5257. You just validate and upload the PDF.

As for all other forms (statutory declaration, IMM 5476, etc.) they need to be signed because it would include someone else's signature. To help my PIL, we filled the forms (5476, 5645 x 2, 5713) and mailed the pages that had to be signed by DHL and we will link it in one PDF for each once they send it back to us.

Maybe someone sent without signing anything and it was fine but it doesn't make sense to me that a form that should have the signature of someone is not signed by them, as they are not electronically signing the TRV application. Hope this makes sense.
My checklist did not generate 5476 as mybfather used his account to submit applications for himself and my mom. My mom signed 5713 physically only. Rest we filled 5708 and one more that shows places you visited etc. No representation form was filled as it was not generated . So does it mean I will Need to resubmit 5476?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thanks

My checklist did not generate 5476 as mybfather used his account to submit applications for himself and my mom. My mom signed 5713 physically only. Rest we filled 5708 and one more that shows places you visited etc. No representation form was filled as it was not generated . So does it mean I will Need to resubmit 5476?
He can submit it separately, but if it was not generated, it's because of his answers to the questionnaire. He can change his answer and it will be generated.

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening...
I'm planning to apply visit visa for my mom she's in the Philippines right now. I have gathered all my documents aside from the proof of travel. My question, do I have to purchase a ticket right away? I have read that processing times are longer now so, I don't know what days to put. It also says there that she has to have a medical appointment. What is that? Thank you to who can shed me some light.