+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5669 Question No 4

thestormysea

Jan 2, 2020
I am a PR in Canada trying to sponsor my spouse for PR using the family sponsorship criteria. While filling the form IMM 5669(SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND / DECLARATION ) in question No 4, the question states "Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever:
d) been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the provincial nominee program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"
Now, He has never been refused a visa, but his parents have been refused visitor visa and PR before. Their names are mentioned in the father / mother columns of the application, but they are not applying along with my spouse in this application. Do we need to mention their refusal history in this section?

PA_Canada

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
No. Parents do not count as family members for that question.
So if its a PR application and the primary applicant is filling this form then do they have to mention this for the primary applicant as well as the spouse if both of them have visitor visa refusals in the past ? Should the information of refusal of both husband and wife go in the same form ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So if its a PR application and the primary applicant is filling this form then do they have to mention this for the primary applicant as well as the spouse if both of them have visitor visa refusals in the past ? Should the information of refusal of both husband and wife go in the same form ?
The sponsor is a PR and is in Canada. The PA is the one that needs to fill out the visa refusals.

PA_Canada

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
The sponsor is a PR and is in Canada. The PA is the one that needs to fill out the visa refusals.
Correct but my question if the sponsor and PA both have had refusal then in this form where PA is filling the background information will the PA mention about both the refusals or only for the PA

PA_Canada

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Only the PA.
Ok then why does the form talk about “you or your family member “ ? Also we realised that we mistakenly selected it no ... so
1) how to send the correction proactively ?
2) should we wait for PFL ? And then clarify ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Ok then why does the form talk about “you or your family member “ ? Also we realised that we mistakenly selected it no ... so
1) how to send the correction proactively ?
2) should we wait for PFL ? And then clarify ?
Because it is about PA and their dependents (ie, children). The sponsor does not need to declare visa refusals.

Since you've now misrepresented, you should never wait for a PFL as that is the first step to rejection and you would have no response that would work to a PFL.

Send a corrected form via webform now to try to avoid problems.