+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imm 5669 personal history - WHV status

loeleo

Jan 15, 2019
Hi there,

Filling out PA personal history and wondering what status a working holiday visa falls under in Canada. Visitor, worker, or other? If "other," is there somewhere in this form I can explain it was WHV?

Some periods of his WHV he was employed, some periods he was not (not that I expect that would change his status).

Thanks in advance!

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
A WHV is a temporary work permit so I think "Worker" or "Resident" would be accurate (for the times I had one, I put "Resident," since there aren't specific options). Visitor wouldn't be the case as "visitors" are people with temporary visitor visas, from visa exempt countries, etc. who do not have the permits/paperwork for doing legal work.

Reactions: loeleo

loeleo

Jan 15, 2019
A WHV is a temporary work permit so I think "Worker" or "Resident" would be accurate (for the times I had one, I put "Resident," since there aren't specific options). Visitor wouldn't be the case as "visitors" are people with temporary visitor visas, from visa exempt countries, etc. who do not have the permits/paperwork for doing legal work.
Thank you for clarifying!