+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5669: Mother's Maiden Name / Given Names

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
You are overcomplicating and overthinking. If all her docs have one name, that is her name. If she used another name before, or even now sometimes, put that under 'other names.'
[/QUOTE
Sorry dear...actually i am worried about this issue. All my docs and certificate it is written One name. Even in PR application i wrote the name as per my passport. Okay let me make you more clear. Actually, in MY NID my mom name is different with my Mom's NID. Hope u got my point. What will happen if i wrote my mothers name as per my passport? Just want to avoid this issue...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry dear...actually i am worried about this issue. All my docs and certificate it is written One name. Even in PR application i wrote the name as per my passport. Okay let me make you more clear. Actually, in MY NID my mom name is different with my Mom's NID. Hope u got my point. What will happen if i wrote my mothers name as per my passport? Just want to avoid this issue...
I don't really have anything more to add. write a brief letter explaining if you think you need to.

It really should not be a big deal. This scenario is not the first time.

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I don't really have anything more to add. write a brief letter explaining if you think you need to.

It really should not be a big deal. This scenario is not the first time.
Okay...Just tell me last thing. If i ignore my moms birth name and write as per my passport, is it problem?

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Okay...Thank you so much for your response.
So Family Name : Akter Banu, Given Name : Sohana
In my passport / Certificate my mother name : Sohana Manzoor.

For your kind information, my mom don’t have any passport. Only she has NID, and the name written is Sohana Akter Banu

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Okay...Thank you so much for your response.
So Family Name : Akter Banu, Given Name : Sohana
In my passport / Certificate my mother name : Sohana Manzoor.

For your kind information, my mom don’t have any passport. Only she has NID, and the name written is Sohana Akter Banu
You are really complicating things. Just entered the information as requested in the specific section of the form. And if you feel that you want to explain the situration, write a letter of explination and include it.

I assume you are sponsoring your mother and she is the PA.

FYI my MIL officially had a name change and it was totally different from her name at birth. We just entered the field as requested. And included the legal document of the name changed back then. The application didn't have any issue.

Reactions: armoured

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
You are really complicating things. Just entered the information as requested in the specific section of the form. And if you feel that you want to explain the situration, write a letter of explination and include it.

I assume you are sponsoring your mother and she is the PA.

FYI my MIL officially had a name change and it was totally different from her name at birth. We just entered the field as requested. And included the legal document of the name changed back then. The application didn't have any issue.
No brother.. We applied for PR. Me and my wife

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Brother.. its IMM5669 form. May be the forum is different but the query is okay. I could not find dedicated forum for IMM5669 Express entry
Then just ask in the express entry forum.

Probably not an issue in this case but sometimes the importance or context is quite different.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No brother.. We applied for PR. Me and my wife
As stated, then this is not relevant in the family sponsorship section.

BTW mother's name on a PR application isn't that important. (It needs to be accurate but it doesn't have to cover all names used in her life vs applying for the mother's PR application) Many countries do not have a "mother's name" on a passport.

And btw, I am not a brother.