+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5669 Cannot validate:check Most Recent Date

Bie2bie

Jul 23, 2018
Hi all,
Been at this form for days now.Everything else is fine,just the personal history part.
I filled in everything for the past 10 years(2008-07 to 2018-07)
My only issue is it keeps highlighting the last entry,which is from 2014-07 to ongoing.
I have been a homemaker/housewife since that time (2014) and have nothing to add.
I have tried all the tricks listed here. Using the date instead of “ongoing”,using Adobe Reader(old version),using Adobe Reader DC(new version),there are no gaps in the timeline,no overlap,and still it just refuses to validate.
Any ideas?‍♀♀♀

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
could you post the dates....seems there is overlap or missing dates....

FROM TO Activity Type
20XX - 20XX - employed
20XX - 20XX - unemployed
20XX - 20XX - student

Bie2bie

Jul 23, 2018
I downloaded the form again and filled it out again,this time it worked.
I have no idea why the first one didn’t work. Hopefully they find the bug soon and this stops happening.
None of the dates overlapped,no gaps,I listed everything,including unemployment and being a housewife.
Thanks for the help anyway!

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Hi all,
Been at this form for days now.Everything else is fine,just the personal history part.
I filled in everything for the past 10 years(2008-07 to 2018-07)
My only issue is it keeps highlighting the last entry,which is from 2014-07 to ongoing.
I have been a homemaker/housewife since that time (2014) and have nothing to add.
I have tried all the tricks listed here. Using the date instead of “ongoing”,using Adobe Reader(old version),using Adobe Reader DC(new version),there are no gaps in the timeline,no overlap,and still it just refuses to validate.
Any ideas?‍♀♀♀
Hi, concerning your personal history timeline u stated u started from 2008 -2018, I filled out mine starting from 2009 -2019 but I wasn’t sure if I’m supposed to start from 2019 downwards or 2009 upwards please would u mind sharing if u had any issue From them due to the way it was stated because someone told me it’s supposed to be from the most recent activity (2019) going back to ten years ago.

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Hi, concerning your personal history timeline u stated u started from 2008 -2018, I filled out mine starting from 2009 -2019 but I wasn’t sure if I’m supposed to start from 2019 downwards or 2009 upwards please would u mind sharing if u had any issue From them due to the way it was stated because someone told me it’s supposed to be from the most recent activity (2019) going back to ten years ago.
If you look closely, it states in part 6 - Personal History:
"Start with the most recent information."

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
If you look closely, it states in part 6 - Personal History:
"Start with the most recent information."
Hi shehzad thanks for your reply and yes I just figured it out and just as U stated “start with most recent information” i didn’t pay enough attention to details but I fixed it now and I’ll be sending off my application on Friday..thanks again for your help.

NilaS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi shehzad thanks for your reply and yes I just figured it out and just as U stated “start with most recent information” i didn’t pay enough attention to details but I fixed it now and I’ll be sending off my application on Friday..thanks again for your help.
Hi, I just want to give an update, SCH A 5669 now has newer version and no need to validated. I also have to re-submit the SCH A again.

KatiZet

Jun 25, 2019
Hi, I'm scrolling through all the posts regarding IMM5669 as I have problems with validating it (as had the author of this post) and I just saw the info about form update - but the updated form from 06-2019 is IMM5669, while for spouses and common-law partners the version of this form is EIMM5669 (that's written on top of the form itself, as well as in complete guide), and this one is from 11-2018 - or maybe I'm wrong?? Can someone clarify please?

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Hi, I'm scrolling through all the posts regarding IMM5669 as I have problems with validating it (as had the author of this post) and I just saw the info about form update - but the updated form from 06-2019 is IMM5669, while for spouses and common-law partners the version of this form is EIMM5669 (that's written on top of the form itself, as well as in complete guide), and this one is from 11-2018 - or maybe I'm wrong?? Can someone clarify please?
The old version I had was from 11-2018 and that says just imm5669 not “eimm5669” so I had to get the new updated version which is 6-2019 and this new one doesn’t have to be validated and it also says imm5669.and so far from my understanding the older version had the advantage of adding more rows but the new form had limited space..again I’m applying under the spousal / common law class and I used the latest version imm5669 that was released this month.

KatiZet

Jun 25, 2019
The old version I had was from 11-2018 and that says just imm5669 not “eimm5669” so I had to get the new updated version which is 6-2019 and this new one doesn’t have to be validated and it also says imm5669.and so far from my understanding the older version had the advantage of adding more rows but the new form had limited space..again I’m applying under the spousal / common law class and I used the latest version imm5669 that was released this month.
Im applying under common law class as well and when I download the forms to fill from the complete guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

section 3: fill the forms
they say
The person(s) being sponsored must fill out and sign (if applicable) these forms

(...)

so it says IMM5669 but if you actually download it from the page and open its gonna be EIMM 5669.

Im super confused, so far i thought that for common law its gonna be that one.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Im applying under common law class as well and when I download the forms to fill from the complete guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

section 3: fill the forms
they say
The person(s) being sponsored must fill out and sign (if applicable) these forms

(...)

so it says IMM5669 but if you actually download it from the page and open its gonna be EIMM 5669.

Im super confused, so far i thought that for common law its gonna be that one.
Go with this because I think it’s all different depending on the class and the country of the principal applicant