+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5604Declaration - Ex-spouse documents - QUERY Urgent- pls help

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ok my advise is explain all of that in your application, and depending on the country you live in, police might be able to issue in a day or two a letter from border control with his details showing he left the country and never came back. If you can get it, it helps. If not, then just just explain to IRCC the whole situation and see what they say.
Good luck :)
Sure. Many thanks for sharing your thoughts. A different perspective always helps. Good luck to you too :)

Reactions: dr feras

Dill_Harris

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Beautiful British Columbia
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04/26/2017
AOR Received.
26/04/2017
Med's Done....
01/20/2017
I'm a single mum myself, and I really feel your pain on this one. I agree that it's unreasonable to require this document if full custody is explicitly stated in court documents and you have no contact with your ex. Often there are DV issues at play or even a protective, order making it difficult, dangerous, or even impossible to obtain this kind of notarized permission. Fortunately I was lucky enough to be able to get the form, but I know plenty of people who wouldn't even know where to begin to locate their exes. Like being a single parent isn't hard enough without jumping through yet another hoop!

Having said all this, the law is the law, and if the goal is to immigrate to create a better life for you and your child, then I'd do whatever was necessary to satisfy the requirements. Can you talk to a family law expert or directly to someone at CIC? Best of luck to you, and I hope you keep us posted.

Reactions: PreethiGn

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
@GargiS What did you submitted? Did you submitted an explanation letter along-with court-orders? Did CIC accept it?

Hi Pooja,
Yes an explanation letter explaining my case in length to cic. Also, my court order clearly mentions that I have full custody of the child and my ex spouse has no rights or obligations in future - so this helped.
I also explained to them that I am not in touch with my ex spouse since our divorce (which is like almost a decade back) and so have no idea of his whereabouts.

All the best..feel free to reach out if any further questions :)

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
I'm a single mum myself, and I really feel your pain on this one. I agree that it's unreasonable to require this document if full custody is explicitly stated in court documents and you have no contact with your ex. Often there are DV issues at play or even a protective, order making it difficult, dangerous, or even impossible to obtain this kind of notarized permission. Fortunately I was lucky enough to be able to get the form, but I know plenty of people who wouldn't even know where to begin to locate their exes. Like being a single parent isn't hard enough without jumping through yet another hoop!

Having said all this, the law is the law, and if the goal is to immigrate to create a better life for you and your child, then I'd do whatever was necessary to satisfy the requirements. Can you talk to a family law expert or directly to someone at CIC? Best of luck to you, and I hope you keep us posted.

Thanks dear. My case was resolved. I got my COPR around 15 days back.
Good luck to you too :)

Reactions: Dill_Harris

PreethiGn

Jun 3, 2017
India
Nomination.....
NA
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 12 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 19 2018
Thanks dear. My case was resolved. I got my COPR around 15 days back.
Good luck to you too :)
Hello GargiS, did you still submit the IMM5604 document along with your letter of explanation?
I have already provided my custody documents, and i received another request for this form.

Could you please help provide some clarity?

Itee5000

Dec 18, 2019
Hello GargiS, did you still submit the IMM5604 document along with your letter of explanation?
I have already provided my custody documents, and i received another request for this form.

Could you please help provide some clarity?
Hi Preethign,

I am currently going through this same issue and i would really Like to know how you resolved it. Please help out with suggestions on what you did. Thank you