+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5562, "Your Travels"

YULer

Mar 22, 2018
Hello all,

I have already asked this question in the Quebec forum, but thought I might get some more traction here.<

I have already received my CSQ from Quebec, and am currently filling out the paperwork for permanent residency.

I've run into an issue with filling out form IMM 5562, "Your Travels". I'm an American, who studied in Montreal and then received a three year work permit following my studies. The form asks that I list all trips "take outside your country of origin or residence in the last ten years". Almost all of the trips I have taken in that time have been between the US (my country of origin) and Canada (my country of residence), so my trips have not really been "outside" of those countries. Would I still have to list trips between the two? I feel like the instructions could be construed in a couple of different ways...

If I do have to list these trips, this is going to be a very cumbersome task. I've probably travelled between the two countries roughly 50 times in the almost five years I have been living in Canada, and Canada stopped stamping my passport on entry a few years back. I'm not sure how I would provide accurate information.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
I am also curious as to the answer of this question. I think that it is asking only for trips outside of the trips to and from Canada and America, as those are both either country of residence or country of origin. I am also an American living and Canada, and wondering this same thing.

Jan 8, 2019
Hello all,

I have already asked this question in the Quebec forum, but thought I might get some more traction here.<

I have already received my CSQ from Quebec, and am currently filling out the paperwork for permanent residency.

I've run into an issue with filling out form IMM 5562, "Your Travels". I'm an American, who studied in Montreal and then received a three year work permit following my studies. The form asks that I list all trips "take outside your country of origin or residence in the last ten years". Almost all of the trips I have taken in that time have been between the US (my country of origin) and Canada (my country of residence), so my trips have not really been "outside" of those countries. Would I still have to list trips between the two? I feel like the instructions could be construed in a couple of different ways...

If I do have to list these trips, this is going to be a very cumbersome task. I've probably travelled between the two countries roughly 50 times in the almost five years I have been living in Canada, and Canada stopped stamping my passport on entry a few years back. I'm not sure how I would provide accurate information.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi !

While going through your comment, I realized that I am also stuck in this part of the question.
Can you please advise that how did you mention your travels?

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I am also curious as to the answer of this question. I think that it is asking only for trips outside of the trips to and from Canada and America, as those are both either country of residence or country of origin. I am also an American living and Canada, and wondering this same thing.
What did you decide to do about all the US/Canada trips? I am in the same situation.