+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imm 5532 Part A page 2 Q 3

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Hi everyone! Under Other financially dependent people, do I need to include my 3 children who are Canadian citizens? This application is a bit confusing because I am only sponsoring my wife who doesn't have any legal status in Canada but our 3 biological children are Canadian citizens (ages 11, 14, 18)

Thank you !

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi everyone! Under Other financially dependent people, do I need to include my 3 children who are Canadian citizens? This application is a bit confusing because I am only sponsoring my wife who doesn't have any legal status in Canada but our 3 biological children are Canadian citizens (ages 11, 14, 18)

Thank you !
YES you must include all family members, including yourself and applicant as well.=WRONG
EDIT:LEASE READ LAST ANSWER BELOW

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thank you! So I as the sponsor should list myself under this section (Other financially dependent people)?

Thanks!
My apologies for not understanding your Q fully, :( today I checked my own filled forms.
FORM 5532 Q3 Other financially dependent people
Give details of any other person who is financially dependent on you (whether they are living with you or nol) and who is not already listed in the tables above. include previous spouses or partners and any children from past relationships.

I wrote N/A under both names 1st and LAST. In your case as I can see you are still supporting 3 kids; you only write their names and D.O.B. Don't have to write yourself here. OTHERS= not you it can be previous kids, present kids, parents.
My application has apparently gone thru all checks with N/A written here so this form appeared OK to them we assume.
Thanks

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
and ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE latest VERSION OF THE FORMS TILL 11TH HOUR of sealing your envelopes as they keep on changing forms and centres/addresses. Only use courier as STRIKE may happen.

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
My apologies for not understanding your Q fully, :( today I checked my own filled forms.
FORM 5532 Q3 Other financially dependent people
Give details of any other person who is financially dependent on you (whether they are living with you or nol) and who is not already listed in the tables above. include previous spouses or partners and any children from past relationships.

I wrote N/A under both names 1st and LAST. In your case as I can see you are still supporting 3 kids; you only write their names and D.O.B. Don't have to write yourself here. OTHERS= not you it can be previous kids, present kids, parents.
My application has apparently gone thru all checks with N/A written here so this form appeared OK to them we assume.
Thanks
Thank you!

Reactions: singleman

ayuen21

Jan 11, 2020
Hi, I have similar question to the one above. I'm sponsoring my wife and she has a 7 year old daughter from a previous relationship. Do I add the daughter under question 3, "Other financially dependent people"? Since, she is now my dependent.

Should I post this question in a new post or thread?