+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM-5519, Do someone who is widowed needs to fill this form?

jass1313

Aug 25, 2018
Hi, As part of parents sponsor program, IMM-5519 - statutory declaration of severance of comman-law union form is present for principal applicant. I wonder if their spouse has passed away, not other common-law partner, Is this form required?
P.S - death certificate is available

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, As part of parents sponsor program, IMM-5519 - statutory declaration of severance of comman-law union form is present for principal applicant. I wonder if their spouse has passed away, not other common-law partner, Is this form required?
Don't know details of your app or PGP, but I would not fill out that form, include a copy of death certificate, and include a short letter of explanation if you think something is not clear.

Reactions: jass1313

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Read the guide again. This form is not mandatory. It's to be filled if applicable. Make sure you fill-in all the required forms for the sponsor and seperately for the principal applicant.
This is the wording in the guide where IMM-5519 is lised:
"If applicable, the principal applicant must also complete the following forms: "

Reactions: jass1313