+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5490 Question

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

My husband is filling the IMM5490 Spouse Questionaire. For question 28, it asks whether he is living with sponsor (me) ? If NO, then it asks the date when the sponsor returned to Canada !? @ ?!

I have never lived with my husband in his country. We both went back to India for our wedding, and came back together to US, where he lives, but I drove back to Canada since I work/live here. So what do I write for this question ? Also, at one place it asked if the sponsor came to your country for wedding, I went to India which is his and mine Country of citizenship, but I didnt travel to his country (of residence). So the answer should be NO, right?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You write the date you drove back to Canada. Also, you say YES for the question about travel for the wedding. Then explain that you travelled to India for the wedding and not the US where he lives. They basically want to see if travel was required by the sponsor to be able to marry due to an immigration barrier. Write the explanation either in your cover/submission letter or in an addendum attached to the questionnaire.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank u very much.
I drive every weekend to US and come back Monday morning, so should I enter the date when I came back from the wedding and landed in Detroit and drove back, or like the latest weekend I was there ?