+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5476 - Does the parent need to fill it out for a minor if they are already a legal guardian?

rayrayray

Sep 23, 2016
A family member is applying for her children's visitor visa using the new IRCC portal. The mother is a legal guardian. The mother is currently here on a study permit and the children are back home. Should the mother answer "Yes" to the question of "Are you applying on behalf of someone else?"

If yes, what is the reason behind a legal guardian having to represent her own children for the visa application?

The Guide says all individuals above the age of 18 must fill out one so in this case, does this mean the children under 18 don't need to?

Empress32

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
February 23, 2021
Med's Done....
15-03-2021
A family member is applying for her children's visitor visa using the new IRCC portal. The mother is a legal guardian. The mother is currently here on a study permit and the children are back home. Should the mother answer "Yes" to the question of "Are you applying on behalf of someone else?"

If yes, what is the reason behind a legal guardian having to represent her own children for the visa application?

The Guide says all individuals above the age of 18 must fill out one so in this case, does this mean the children under 18 don't need to?
Did you find an answer otherwise? Trying to complete for my son and I have this question too.

Empress32

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
February 23, 2021
Med's Done....
15-03-2021
No. I asked them if I should fill it out for him as he is a minor but they didn't respond and I was working with a deadline. I just realized this is a different form though. In my case it was a schedule A. So I completed it for my son, we both signed it and now I am waiting on their decision.