+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5409E form

Despina

May 4, 2015
Hello,

My boyfriend and I are currently gathering the additional documents after I received an invitation for residence. We have a question regarding the IMM5409E form as we are not married.

We have completed the form but at our home country there is no such thing as a "common-law partnership" that is legally binding.
We also don't have the equivalent of a "Commissioner of Oaths". We asked a notary public and there is no way they can sign the IMM5409 form because it's in English.

So, the question is - What should we do at this time? We have less than 1 month till the end of the 60 days for the documents.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thank you.

Despina

May 4, 2015
Please, guys, we really need help with this one! We have read everything that there is in the Internet, all guides, etc. but there is so much information for sponsorship, whereas we are talking about common-law partnership...

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
To prove your relationship, you have to follow the proof of relationship guidelines.
Common low, in which you can show your rental agreement having you and your partner's name. or taxes.
Just submit your documents and wait for CIC instruction if they need any.