+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5406 Section C how to add extra siblings?

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hey guys, sorry if this is asked alot or if its the right place but basically my brother is sponsoring my mother and I (I'm 20) and we are filling out the IMM 5406 for mother and I. The thing is, my mother has 5 siblings while the form only leaves enough space for 3 siblings. Do I list only 3 for her or should we print out another paper and just write the rest of siblings or what?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, as a side question after filling out the paperwork online is it okay to print them out to sign them with ink and then scan them again? Adobe won't let me place my signature on them electronically.

Reactions: Reunited waiter

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hey guys, sorry if this is asked alot or if its the right place but basically my brother is sponsoring my mother and I (I'm 20) and we are filling out the IMM 5406 for mother and I. The thing is, my mother has 5 siblings while the form only leaves enough space for 3 siblings. Do I list only 3 for her or should we print out another paper and just write the rest of siblings or what?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, as a side question after filling out the paperwork online is it okay to print them out to sign them with ink and then scan them again? Adobe won't let me place my signature on them electronically.
You could have 2nd copy of IMM5406 if one copy is not enough for all family members to be included on the form.......but ensure Section A details is same on both copies.

The forms should be filled, validated, printed and signed hand written

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Attach an additional sheet with the rest of the siblings. Don't print the form twice, attach a blank sheet with the siblings, the form# and your mom's name/DOB

You absolutely need to print and sign, electronic signatures are not accepted.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks!

To be clear, the signatures on all forms must be original, not scanned. If you are located away from your sponsor, you need to actually mail the signed forms to him.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
To be clear, the signatures on all forms must be original, not scanned. If you are located away from your sponsor, you need to actually mail the signed forms to him.
A debate about this came up a few weeks ago. I was under the same impression, but apparently scans are accepted. Not sure how long this has been a part of the guide (I don't think it was there when I applied.)

"Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary."

Under "Filling Out The Forms" https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#check

Of course, easier to just provide original signatures and avoid any additional steps down the road.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
A debate about this came up a few weeks ago. I was under the same impression, but apparently scans are accepted. Not sure how long this has been a part of the guide (I don't think it was there when I applied.)

"Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary."

Under "Filling Out The Forms" https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#check

Of course, easier to just provide original signatures and avoid any additional steps down the road.
Interesting. That must be recent. I wonder why the same wording is not in the parent sponsorship guide.

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Attach an additional sheet with the rest of the siblings. Don't print the form twice, attach a blank sheet with the siblings, the form# and your mom's name/DOB

You absolutely need to print and sign, electronic signatures are not accepted.
Is the blank sheet supposed to be written on or do I type it out in word and then print it?

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018

Well the one reason I would prefer to scan and email it back to my brother is the ease. Mailing it to him from Lebanon to Camada would take about a week I believe and any mistakes would mean having to mail a new forum.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018

bugzy4real

May 22, 2018
You could have 2nd copy of IMM5406 if one copy is not enough for all family members to be included on the form.......but ensure Section A details is same on both copies.

The forms should be filled, validated, printed and signed hand written
After we're done filling out these forms, are we supposed to mail it to them? If yes, to what address?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017