+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5406 Part C *attach extra sheet if space required,applicant signs that also?

Shane_Sam

Aug 12, 2011
To Whom it May Concern,
Can some one help me please...i am so confused.
For PART C of FORM 5406:
I am a sponsor and sponsoring my wife.
part C brothers/sisters section:
my wife filled the siblings part that has total 7 blank spots to put the names.
she has 8 siblings. so now she needed one more spot for which she used-extra sheet* as indicated on the form*.
BUT the question is DOES she need to sign that extra sheet also under Section D ? because she has already signed on main page
of part C with 7 sibglings...now that she is using extra sheet... she needs to sign that as well? PLEASE HELP !!!! any one?

Shane_Sam

Aug 12, 2011
but that means i wont be able to submit the package tomorrow. if its a definite must and i have no choice then she has to fedex me the docs again. my wife will kill me now if she hears that she needs to fedex one more doc.
oh man these CIC operators dont even pick up the calls. i have tried so many times :( so i could ask these questions directly.
why these INSTRUCITONS SO UNCLEAR !!!!! what should i do i m going nuts its 652 am and i am AWAKE !
if i just leave that 'extra sheet unsigned with only one name showing" what repurcussions am i looking at?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does say on the form that she signed that it is continued on the extra sheet, right? And on the extra sheet that it is continued from the form? Signing it is not really a big deal. When I applied, I had all kinds of continued sheets and I didn't sign any of them.

Shane_Sam

Aug 12, 2011
what i have done is i have printed an extra imm form 5406 and in that form under section C just added her siblings name. thats it
its not a plane sheet of paper.... should i write continued from previous form somewhere on the actual form to show its continued?

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Shane_Sam said:
what i have done is i have printed an extra imm form 5406 and in that form under section C just added her siblings name. thats it
its not a plane sheet of paper.... should i write continued from previous form somewhere on the actual form to show its continued?
If it says extra sheet of paper, you might stick to that for less confusion. Write your name, form number & the question number you are answering on the left corner of the paper.

But as Leon said, the signature doesnt seem too important. Methinks you can go ahead and submit your docs. :)

Shane_Sam

Aug 12, 2011
on the top of the form it says.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf ( please check it out)

" if additional space is required attach a separate sheet" so clear blank sheet would do? or print the same form and write on that.
i know i am asking silly questions :( she already signed on the first sheet so should be okay but still anxiety...........

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the form with the 7 siblings, write out on the side somewhere there is space "continued on separate sheet" and on the separate sheet or 2nd copy of the form in your case, write "continued from IMM 5406 Part C".

I didn't use 2nd copies of any forms in my case. I set up all my lists in Excel and at the top I wrote continued from whatever form, whatever section of that form and on the form itself I wrote continued on separate sheet.

Shane_Sam

Aug 12, 2011
ONE MORE question LEON.....if i can trouble u for that as well.

on the main page of application for Permanent Resident.
Question: " Visa Office Requested for the process of your application"
what goes here? i tried looking up no luck.
wife is being sponsored from Pakistan.
where can i get this information?

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
You need to write CHC-Islamabad over there. That's the Visa Office for Pakistan :)
All the very best for the application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can see which visa office here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#p and shamsia is right, it is Islamabad.