+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5257E or IMM 5257

y6sheng

Jun 10, 2014
I was an international student studying in Canada. I have applied and received the post-grad work permit. I am currently applying for a TRV within Canada. However, after finishing the "Determine your eligibility" survey where I put my current country of residence as Canada, the personal checklist shows up and says I need to fill in an IMM 5257 (application made outside of Canada). In fact, I think I actually need an IMM 5257E.

Does anybody know why or have the same problem?

Thanks!!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
No problem. I have heard this from multiple people on this forum. Use the same form without giving much attention to "Outside"

sehrish

May 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same happened to me.attach 5257E.CIC has not yet build a template that says "inside Canada".
there is a long wait though.
good luck

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
I was an international student studying in Canada. I have applied and received the post-grad work permit. I am currently applying for a TRV within Canada. However, after finishing the "Determine your eligibility" survey where I put my current country of residence as Canada, the personal checklist shows up and says I need to fill in an IMM 5257 (application made outside of Canada). In fact, I think I actually need an IMM 5257E.

Does anybody know why or have the same problem?

Thanks!!!
i believed these two application forms are the same. however, after downloading and viewing it, i realized that they are totally different.