+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5257 schedule 1: does every family member need to provide this

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to all.
suppose just one parent applies for super visa, does spouse (other parent) also need to provide 5257 schedule 1, even though he is not applying for super visa and not traveling. this is the wording of guide 5256 applying for temporary visitor visa (confusing, please seniors guide)

"Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM5257 –
Schedule 1)
Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:
you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)."
Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

The answer is right there.

your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and

Reactions: shoaibjan008

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

thanks dear

shoaibjan008

Jun 18, 2020
Hi

Hi
I have valid visitor visa and now i am applying for my son he is under 18 aged.
IMM 5257 Schedule 1 form in ,,,
I am the principal applicant and i also filled my background details and my UCI mention in the form does it right.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
IMM 5257 Schedule 1 is optional, but if you have answered YES to question 3 to 6 in the Background section, the officer will probably ask you to submit it. I'd say it's better to submit it but just wanted to clarify that it's not a mandatory document.

shoaibjan008

Jun 18, 2020
IMM 5257 Schedule 1 is optional, but if you have answered YES to question 3 to 6 in the Background section, the officer will probably ask you to submit it. I'd say it's better to submit it but just wanted to clarify that it's not a mandatory document.
My son is under age so I am the principal applicant and i also mention my UCI number and my background details in only Schedule 1 form . Does i filling right ?

Thank you for your time

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
My son is under age so I am the principal applicant and i also mention my UCI number and my background details in only Schedule 1 form . Does i filling right ?

Thank you for your time
Hi, I was just referring to the list of documents when you apply online. Schedule is not in the mandatory list but in the section of optional documents, meaning you could submit without. However, yes you should send it as I don't see why someone would not.

"You must provide a Schedule 1 declaration. A Schedule 1 declaration is a form with questions about your personal history. You will be asked to list information such as any affiliations with organizations and any military or government service." Also in the IMM5257 form it says, if you answer yes to any of questions no 3 to 6 (Background check), you must fill 5257 Schedule 1. As for your case, are you asking if you should fill it out for your son who is minor? You don't need to fill out this form if you are less than 18 years old. Other than that, you have to.

"You must provide a Schedule 1 declaration. A Schedule 1 declaration is a form with questions about your personal history. You will be asked to list information such as any affiliations with organizations and any military or government service."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashraf H

shoaibjan008

Jun 18, 2020
Hi, I was just referring to the list of documents when you apply online. Schedule is not in the mandatory list but in the section of optional documents, meaning you could submit without. However, yes you should send it as I don't see why someone would not.

"You must provide a Schedule 1 declaration. A Schedule 1 declaration is a form with questions about your personal history. You will be asked to list information such as any affiliations with organizations and any military or government service." Also in the IMM5257 form it says, if you answer yes to any of questions no 3 to 6 (Background check), you must fill 5257 Schedule 1. As for your case, are you asking if you should fill it out for your son who is minor? You don't need to fill out this form if you are less than 18 years old. Other than that, you have to.

"You must provide a Schedule 1 declaration. A Schedule 1 declaration is a form with questions about your personal history. You will be asked to list information such as any affiliations with organizations and any military or government service."
I am filling my son application he is under age and i am 18 over so does i need to fill her this form if this is important so in this form my background details and my UCI number will mention or my son. Just i have confuse

Please Help

Thank You so much

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I do not understand what you say so just to be clear, you are applying for TRV for you and your son? Are you the principal applicant and both applications are under your GCKey account? Anyhow, your son is NOT required to fill out the form IMM 5257 Schedule 1 if he is under 18 years old. I have copied in my previous post the statement on the form which indicates it is not required for minors. If you google IMM 5256, it will direct you to the TRV application guide.

shoaibjan008

Jun 18, 2020
In GCkey my application was approved i have visitor visa now i want to apply for my son for TRV. This application only for my son I am filling her application. I am the principal applicant. In this Schedule 1 form my details will mention or my son. I think this is important because my son is under 18 year and i am filling her application.

Thank You so much for your time

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Like I said, minors don't need to fill 5257 Schedule 1. It's written black and white on the form. Check which form you are referring to as probably it's not schedule 1. If you already have a visitor visa, you are making a new application for your son only. You are not an applicant. Follow the instruction on IMM 5256 to make the application. The answer should be as if it was your son answering them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/minor-children-travelling-canada.html

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I did not say it's not important. Just that minor don't need to fill the Schedule 1.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
But I am filling her application. Minors not filling own this application.
Yes, you are filling in your son's name. It's his information you put, not yours.