+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5257 B Schedule 1 form not found

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
"If you have answered "yes" to any of the background information questions on the application form, provide a completed and signed Schedule 1 form (Application for Temporary Resident Visa – IMM 5257B) and include it with your application."

The above is an excerpt from the checklist for Visitor Visa from India (applying for supervisa).
But could not find Schedule 1 form (Application for Temporary Resident Visa – IMM 5257B)
only found Schedule 1 form (Application for Temporary Resident Visa – IMM 5257
(B is missing )
Also above it says completed and signed and there is no place to sign the above form IMM 5257 Sch 1 .
Please advice.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Also above it says completed and signed and there is no place to sign the above form IMM 5257 Sch 1 .
  1. Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
  2. Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
  3. A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
  4. Print, sign and date the form.

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
Thanks a lot UBC2017 for your reply.
Bar code is not generated after I validate this form IMM5257B Sch 1.
It only happens when we fill the main form Application for temporary Resident visa IMM5257.
My concern is it says completed and signed sch1 IMM5257B and there is no place to sign it.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

aalim

Mar 20, 2018
Hi does anyone know how I can download the IMM5257B SCH1 form from? The one on the Canada.ca website does not work, I have the latest version of Adobe, still not working!! Does anyone have a copy of the form?

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hi does anyone know how I can download the IMM5257B SCH1 form from? The one on the Canada.ca website does not work, I have the latest version of Adobe, still not working!! Does anyone have a copy of the form?
I had the same problem, so would like to share a possible solution. I used the same form, but couldn't upload as it would keep giving me an error message saying this is not the latest version. Nothing worked, so I posted the screenshots of the filled form and the error message on to a word document and explained at the top saying couldn't upload the form due to an error message, see below for the form. Got the super-visa approved.

aalim

Mar 20, 2018
I had the same problem, so would like to share a possible solution. I used the same form, but couldn't upload as it would keep giving me an error message saying this is not the latest version. Nothing worked, so I posted the screenshots of the filled form and the error message on to a word document and explained at the top saying couldn't upload the form due to an error message, see below for the form. Got the super-visa approved.
I can't even download a copy of the form it just doesn't work at all. When I click on the link a message saying 'Please wait....' appears. Do you have a copy of the form? I'm feeling so anxious, mine has been approved but my husbands hasn't and we leave in 2 weeks :(

aalim

Mar 20, 2018
It should be on your checklist of documents - are you applying on line or paper?
I'm applying online, when I click on the link it just opens a blank page with a messages saying 'please wait....' if you have the form could you send me a blank copy? I can give you my email. Thanks, Amila

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'm applying online, when I click on the link it just opens a blank page with a messages saying 'please wait....' if you have the form could you send me a blank copy? I can give you my email. Thanks, Amila
Sure - I can do that but keep in mind this could mean they're aware of this error message and may be updating forms. Just keep an eye for any updated forms, before submitting the application.

aalim

Mar 20, 2018
Sure - I can do that but keep in mind this could mean they're aware of this error message and may be updating forms. Just keep an eye for any updated forms, before submitting the application.
How long ago did you send you application off? Shall I give you my email? Thank you

JDH_NZ

Aug 1, 2018
Hi any chance someone could email that to me also? Im having the same problem and im totally freaking out :(

JDH_NZ

Aug 1, 2018
Update^^ I managed to get it sorted based on advice on a different thread.. incase anyone else happens to have the same issue reading this thread - follow these steps...

For PC users
  • Find the link of the file you want to save (you may need to go back to the previous page to find it)
  • Right-click the link.
  • Select “Save target as” or “Save link as”.
  • Choose the location on your computer where you would like to save the file.
  • Select “Save”.
  • Use Windows Explorer to get to the location where you saved the file.
  • Right click on the PDF file.
  • Select “Open with”.
  • Select “Choose program”.
  • Select “Adobe Acrobat Reader”.
  • Make sure to check the box that says “Always use this program to open these files”.
  • Select “OK”.
For Mac users
  • Find the link of the file you want to save (you may need to go back to the previous page to find it)
  • Press the Control (ctrl) key and click on the link
  • When the option menu appears, choose “Download link to disk” or “Download linked file”.
  • Choose the location on your computer where you would like to store the file. Your computer will start the download once you have selected a location.
  • Use Spotlight or Finder to look for the downloaded file.