+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5257: Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) queries

BTSinHamilton

Jun 13, 2018
I am currently filling out IMM 5257, which is the Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa). On Page 3 of the form, question 1 asks for "Purpose of my Visit". There is a scroll bar with the following options to select from: Business, Tourism, Short-Term Studies, Returning Student, Returning Worker, Supervisa: For Parents and Grandparents, Other, Family Visit, and Visit.

I'm confused whether I should select Tourism or Visit. I plan on making a weekend trip to GTA in September to see my favorite band in concert, for which I've already purchased tickets. I'm currently an international student in Connecticut, USA. Should I select Tourism or Visit as my purpose of visit to Canada?

Also, for Q4 on the same page, which asks for "Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit", do I need to put down the name and address of the concert venue?

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
I am currently filling out IMM 5257, which is the Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa). On Page 3 of the form, question 1 asks for "Purpose of my Visit". There is a scroll bar with the following options to select from: Business, Tourism, Short-Term Studies, Returning Student, Returning Worker, Supervisa: For Parents and Grandparents, Other, Family Visit, and Visit.

I'm confused whether I should select Tourism or Visit. I plan on making a weekend trip to GTA in September to see my favorite band in concert, for which I've already purchased tickets. I'm currently an international student in Connecticut, USA. Should I select Tourism or Visit as my purpose of visit to Canada?

Also, for Q4 on the same page, which asks for "Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit", do I need to put down the name and address of the concert venue?
You should select tourism also yes write down name and address of the concert venue.

Reactions: BTSinHamilton

BTSinHamilton

Jun 13, 2018
You should select tourism also yes write down name and address of the concert venue.
Thank you so much for the reply.

I have another question. In the same form, under Education, it asks "Have you had any post secondary education (including university, college or apprenticeship training?"

Currently, I am in university pursuing a Bachelor's degree. I just completed my 2nd year of college in May and will be starting my 3rd year in September. Should I answer "Yes" or "No" ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Thank you so much for the reply.

I have another question. In the same form, under Education, it asks "Have you had any post secondary education (including university, college or apprenticeship training?"

Currently, I am in university pursuing a Bachelor's degree. I just completed my 2nd year of college in May and will be starting my 3rd year in September. Should I answer "Yes" or "No" ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
You can put Yes and mention Field of Study as 'ongoing Bachelor's Degree'

Reactions: BTSinHamilton

ramsal

Sep 24, 2019
i intend to attend a conference and summit. Please what is my purpose of visit if am going for conference. Thank

cephas12

Dec 13, 2023

I am going to visit my sibling (brother), is it a family visit or does a family visit mean I'm going with my own family?