+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 1344A confusion! Someone know this one??

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hello everyone,
I'm confused on question 6(b) of IMM 1344A. It asks if I am sponsoring a member of the spouse or c/l partner in Canada class, do not complete (b) and (c); proceed to 7. I don't know what is meant by 'in Canada class'? I reside abroad with my spouse whom I sponsor so I guess that makes us not 'in Canada class'?

So if that is true then the next parts confuse me more. She is Thai and we live in Thailand so our address is in the country of her nationality and she has been lawfully admitted to be here (obviously). So neither of these make sense?? Would I just mark NO for 6 (b) then??? I understand that CIC just wants to find out where the application will be processed with respect to the nationality and the residence of the applicant.

ARGGGHHH!! My brain hurts... haha, help please! I hope this confusion just means I don't have to fill out 6 (b) and (c)...

canthai

Empenguin

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Toronto
Re: Please Help!!!

My guess is that by "in Canada Class" they mean an inland application, as opposed, to applying outside of Canada. It appears that you are applying outside of Canada.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Re: Please Help!!!

Thanks Empenguin! That's what I thought, but the question still confuses me. I don't know which box to 'tick'? Anyone know? Anyone???? :)

canuck_amuck

Star Member
May 23, 2008
I dont recall that question being on IMM 1344A? I even looked the form up and looked at it, and there was no such question?

(Im just trying to make sure I didnt overlook something important on my forms...)

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
The question is on IMM 1344A, page 3 of 5, question #6 (b) right under the address and phone number of the person you are sponsoring. I'm pretty confused with what is asked here...

canuck_amuck

Star Member
May 23, 2008
Oh Nooooooo!!!!

From what I read, it means skip if they are applying IN CANADA, but fill out if they are applying OUTSIDE CANADA.

Im looking at a copy of my form and we did not fill these out!!! This is not good, we were supposed to!! AHHH!!!

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
canuck_amuck,
I don't know if you and I need to fill this part in. I am on another forum and this was the answer I got from someone there:

"(b) is the clue, the primary IF clause. IF the address is not the country of her nationality. Just leave it all blank and go to 7."

After I read the question about 10000 times, I am still confused by what to 'tick' off. I understand the question and what they ask but it doesn't make any sense with our situation. I am looking for confirmation regarding an outland application to this question.

Can ANYONE help us with this???? Sorry to get you worried canuck_amuck, hopefully you did this right.

canthai

always

Jul 22, 2008
Hi Canthai,

I had difficulty to find an answer for this too...but I went over the forum and have found a suggestion for this topic. It says if the question is not applicable to your sponsored person then you should write N/A. Sounds logical to me so I'm crossing my fingers and did it this way.

always

Jul 22, 2008
Hi Canthai,

For your own reference, try to scan the page 21 of this forum entitled Imm1344A by Catarina.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Thanks guys! That one was confusing and it makes sense to put N/A instead of nothing since I am doing an outland application.

canthai