+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 1344 Application to Sponsor: Signed, but miss-dated PLEASE HELP

US60CA

Apr 22, 2020
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.
We mailed our common law sponsorship application yesterday. Upon reviewing the scanned back up copy I saved I noticed a small but glaring mistake. On the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking form we both signed correctly, but I (Principal Applicant) accidentally wrote my date of birth on the date line, so it ended up looking like this...

Sponsor's signature 2020-04-15

Applicant's signature
2020-04-26

I wrote in the correct year and month but the actual day is off by 9 days. Why did my brain play this cruel joke on me? we'll never know, but now I would like to know what the chances are of having the application sent back to us as we shipped it before the date I "signed" it. My plan is to wait for an AOR and application number so I can link it to my IRCC account, write them an explanation, and then Xpresspost them an updated version of the form. Do any of you have an idea of might happen. Should I just wait and see if it flies under the radar, or try and correct it ASAP. Sorry, if this seems like a petty issue, but now I can't stop thinking about, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
i don't see a issue, form that requires sponsor and applicant to sign can have two different date of signing, if the sign date was over 3 month ago than u will have a high chance of your application return for expired date.

US60CA

Apr 22, 2020
i don't see a issue, form that requires sponsor and applicant to sign can have two different date of signing, if the sign date was over 3 month ago than u will have a high chance of your application return for expired date.
Thank you for your quick response. The package is scheduled to arrive on Thursday the 24th. Do you think they will notice that it says I signed the form two days after it was received by CPC?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Thank you for your quick response. The package is scheduled to arrive on Thursday the 24th. Do you think they will notice that it says I signed the form two days after it was received by CPC?
Signing a with date after IRCC recieved it "might" be an issue. That is equivalent of a post dated cheque. I know that IRCC won't accept post dated citizenship applications. As for PR Spousal applications, I'm not so sure.

US60CA

Apr 22, 2020
Signing a with date after IRCC recieved it "might" be an issue. That is equivalent of a post dated cheque. I know that IRCC won't accept post dated citizenship applications. As for PR Spousal applications, I'm not so sure.
Thanks for your response. I guess we'll just have to wait :confused: