+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 1344 A – APPLICATION TO SPONSOR AND UNDERTAKING QUESTION

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
IMM 1344 A – APPLICATION TO SPONSOR AND UNDERTAKING

SECTION C – Persons who are being sponsored and his or her family members

3.Accompaying dependant children of persons 1 and/or 2
4.Non-accompaying dependant children of persons 1 and/or 2

Q. My spouse who is also my sponsor and I have a daughter. She is both Canadian and Turkish citizen. She is residing in Canada with her mother at the moment and ofcourse she doesn’t need any visas. At the other hand she is ofcourse dependant on both of us. Do we include her information in any of these parts, or, because she is a Canadian citizen, do we write “Not Applicable”.

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
This is on the actual application form in fine small print and it precedes the information fields for item 27 on the application.

27. Details of Family members

You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include only your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children (natural or adopted), and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

The last part of the paragraph, which I have underlined for you, is referring to your dependent children (whether born to you or your spouse /partner) - It IS NOT referring to "your spouse or common-law partner" being permanent residents or Canadian citizens. Watch out for the commas - that might have caused the oversight on your part.

So, the answer to your question is: No, you should not include your daughter's name in your application since she is a Canadian citizen.

Weblink to application in .pdf format; go to item number 27 on page 3: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008e_SW.pdf

chelidio said:
IMM 1344 A – APPLICATION TO SPONSOR AND UNDERTAKING

SECTION C – Persons who are being sponsored and his or her family members

3.Accompaying dependant children of persons 1 and/or 2
4.Non-accompaying dependant children of persons 1 and/or 2

Q. My spouse who is also my sponsor and I have a daughter. She is both Canadian and Turkish citizen. She is residing in Canada with her mother at the moment and ofcourse she doesn’t need any visas. At the other hand she is ofcourse dependant on both of us. Do we include her information in any of these parts, or, because she is a Canadian citizen, do we write “Not Applicable”.