+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0127 E – WP-EXT letter

jehan33

Aug 7, 2020
I have not received IMM 0127 E – WP-EXT letter after applying for PGWP online. I have completed most of my 1 year course in my home country due to COVID but travelled to Canada just before graduation. I'm not sure if that's the reason for not getting the letter. Am I eligible to work?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have not received IMM 0127 E – WP-EXT letter after applying for PGWP online. I have completed most of my 1 year course in my home country due to COVID but travelled to Canada just before graduation. I'm not sure if that's the reason for not getting the letter. Am I eligible to work?
Yes, the WP EXT letter is just for employers who like to see a date. You can work until a decision is made on your application

Reactions: jehan33

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I haven't received that letter as well.. I was told not everyone would receive this letter

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
Yes, the WP EXT letter is just for employers who like to see a date. You can work until a decision is made on your application
Hi.
My WP EXT letter has a clause as below.

"" are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours Until 01st Sep 2022 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. "

What happens if i dont get my PGWP approval on or before 1st Sep 2022 , should i stop working or i can still continue my work until i get my PGWP approval ?.

Do you have any idea on this ?

halcurrent

Mar 18, 2019
Hi.
My WP EXT letter has a clause as below.

"" are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours Until 01st Sep 2022 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. "

What happens if i dont get my PGWP approval on or before 1st Sep 2022 , should i stop working or i can still continue my work until i get my PGWP approval ?.

Do you have any idea on this ?

Please did you get a response on this?
I am in same situation, and would like an advice on what to do in the event that the WP-ext expires and no decision received.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
That date is just to show employers who'd want to know how long it will take for you to get the PGWP. In reality, the processing time differs (Current is 166 days). So you can work till you get the PGWP approval on maintained/implied status. Don't worry.

Reactions: halcurrent

halcurrent

Mar 18, 2019
That date is just to show employers who'd want to know how long it will take for you to get the PGWP. In reality, the processing time differs (Current is 166 days). So you can work till you get the PGWP approval on maintained/implied status. Don't worry.

Thanks so much for the response. Very helpful and much appreciated.

Reactions: RamSatt

halcurrent

Mar 18, 2019
Thanks so much for the response. Very helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Finally, the approval has just come. Thanks to all.
However, a key question though - now that i have travelled out of Canada for a pressing business need and family matter, how do I proceed with the application for a TRV to get back to Canada. I have been browsing through the IRCC website, but I don't seem to find the right form or process to use.

Appreciate any advice from anyone.
I really would like to handle this urgently because I am seriously missing my wife and kids who are still in Canada. Haven't seen them for close to 5months.

Migkar

May 15, 2023
Hey, I have a question. I can't seem to find a form on the IRCC website to apply for my PGWP. Does anyone know how to get access to it?

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..