Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi. I tried to find the concrete information on the forums but information was controversial. On the IMM 008 form there's question #3 asking how many family members including you are in this application? Should I include my sponsor too even though he's a Canadian citizen? Or should I just put 1 as an answer as I don't have any dependents? Thanks, any input would be really appreciated!

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi. I tried to find the concrete information on the forums but information was controversial. On the IMM 008 form there's question #3 asking how many family members including you are in this application? Should I include my sponsor too even though he's a Canadian citizen? Or should I just put 1 as an answer as I don't have any dependents? Thanks, any input would be really appreciated!
The answer is 1. You are the only applicant unless you have dependant children. I went through the same thing.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Thank you very much for a quick reply...some of those questions can be really confusing and it's so awesome that people do help each other!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Yes, the answer is 1. Please note that when you receive your AOR and try to link your application online, you will be asked the exact same question, but the correct answer will be 2! (That's why people get so confused by this!) It's 1 on the form, and 2 when you're linking online.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I am just wondering- why? Application is for the applicant who applies for Permanent residency. Not for a sponsor...
Because how CIC defines the answer to the question when you link your account is that it also includes the sponsor. But you're right, it makes no sense :) Considering the answer is different on the form when you apply.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Yes, the answer is 1. Please note that when you receive your AOR and try to link your application online, you will be asked the exact same question, but the correct answer will be 2! (That's why people get so confused by this!) It's 1 on the form, and 2 when you're linking online.
Thank you very much! This forum is so helpful and I really appreciate it that you guys took your time to reply. Some of the questions can be confusing and considering that hiring a lawyer is so expensive communicating on a forum like this one really helps a lot.

wanderer88

May 1, 2019
Most of the people select 1, but I suppose if it is sponsorship application then the number of members should be 2 (1 primary applicant and 1 sponsor)
I guess they change it from 1 to 2 at the cic after they receive the application.

Was just going through info on how to link the paper application to online account. It is mentioned there

"If you are applying for family sponsorship, enter the number of family members, including the primary applicant, the sponsor and the co-signer (if applicable) who are part of your application."

Link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23

Last edited:

eghlima

Apr 22, 2018
Hi,

I have a blocker in this form. IRCC asked my friend who applied for the PR application. they asked this:

IMM 0008 Application: A completed Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM
0008). All family members both inside and outside of Canada must be listed on your application
form along with a current address, postal code, e-mail address, and phone number (even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada). Please complete Additional Dependants/Declaration
IMM 0008 Dependants for your dependant(s) child.
He is a refugee-protected person in Canada and now applying for PR.
He has a son and his marital status is divorced. His son lives with his mom and stepfather(He gave the custodianship to them permanently) and has no intention of coming to Canada.

Our understanding is that:
1-In the "Dependant(0)" section of IMM008-B.pdf, We need to add one dependant with his son's information
2- And also fill the other "IMM008 - Additional Dependants / Declaration form - imm0008depenu.pdf" form again with his sons' information?

The problem is that if we do so then IMM0008-B could not be validated! It says question #3 should be 2 instead of 1. But he is the only one in the application for PR and not his son.

What we should do?
Appreciate your time and answer in advance.