+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 008 for Parent Sponsorship while in Canada

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
Applying to sponsor my parent who is in Canada visiting, a few questions regarding the IMM 008 FORM

- Current Country of Residence: My mom is in Canada visiting with a Visitor Visa (not super visa, just multiple entry visa), while I'm applying to sponsor her, should I enter Canada as her current country of residence or should I enter her home country?

- Previous Countries of Residence: By the time when I plan to send her application in May 2019 my mom will not have been in Canada for more than 6 months, but she will still be here, she will be in Canada for more 6 months after probably application is received. Should I enter Canada then as one of the previous countries of residence

- I am acting as her Representative, her son: I'm entering the mailing address my Canada address. What Residential Address should I enter for her? Her home country address or the same as my address given she is in Canada as visitor?

Thank you

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Applying to sponsor my parent who is in Canada visiting, a few questions regarding the IMM 008 FORM

- Current Country of Residence: My mom is in Canada visiting with a Visitor Visa (not super visa, just multiple entry visa), while I'm applying to sponsor her, should I enter Canada as her current country of residence or should I enter her home country?

- Previous Countries of Residence: By the time when I plan to send her application in May 2019 my mom will not have been in Canada for more than 6 months, but she will still be here, she will be in Canada for more 6 months after probably application is received. Should I enter Canada then as one of the previous countries of residence

- I am acting as her Representative, her son: I'm entering the mailing address my Canada address. What Residential Address should I enter for her? Her home country address or the same as my address given she is in Canada as visitor?

Thank you
If she is currently residing in Canada and will continue to remain here during the application process, then Canada sounds like her current country of residence.

No, not if Canada is her current country of residence.

I'm confused, are you her representative, or her sponsor?

If she is living in Canada at your address, then that would be her residential address, right?

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
If she is currently residing in Canada and will continue to remain here during the application process, then Canada sounds like her current country of residence.

No, not if Canada is her current country of residence.

I'm confused, are you her representative, or her sponsor?

If she is living in Canada at your address, then that would be her residential address, right?
Both, her sponsor and representative

Chiargpatel2810

Feb 23, 2015
Hi friends my case is almost oposit
My mom is in back home right now and I need to submit her PR application in 1 month. But she will be staying here while cic will work on her file.
She is coming to canada in aug 2019 and will stay here for longer period though out her application being processed.
So what address should I write for resident address,,,she will be living with me and I am her sponser, also representative.
Please advise if anyone have any idea,