+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM-0008 - Typed and electronic signature?

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Hey there - the IMM 0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada) allows you to type into the signature box. My wife typed her name into the signature box, printed the form, and then signed it by hand. Is that what you are supposed to do?

That's what it says to do for the Schedule A Background declaration, but I realized there is no such instructions for IMM-0008. Is that a problem?

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hey there - the IMM 0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada) allows you to type into the signature box. My wife typed her name into the signature box, printed the form, and then signed it by hand. Is that what you are supposed to do?

That's what it says to do for the Schedule A Background declaration, but I realized there is no such instructions for IMM-0008. Is that a problem?
You are right, there aren’t any such instructions for IMM-0008. I would suggest you follow clear instructions for the forms at least. A comprehensive guide is given for the same.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
You are right, there aren’t any such instructions for IMM-0008. I would suggest you follow clear instructions for the forms at least. A comprehensive guide is given for the same.
So you would *not* type any signature into the form, and you would only sign it by hand, correct?

let me know! Thanks for the reply!

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I just checked the Checklist, it does state to have the principal applicant sign.
I should have been clearer - I was asking if the form needs both a typed and ha d-written signature like the schedule a form, or if it only needs a handwritten signature like the other forms.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
I should have been clearer - I was asking if the form needs both a typed and ha d-written signature like the schedule a form, or if it only needs a handwritten signature like the other forms.
Only handwritten until asked specifically to write using a pdf application, for example, Schedule-A.

Reactions: travelingrabbit

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Also, technically, if you are able to write in the signature box then it is a text box deliberately added. So, I believe if you have already written the name there and sent the application, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Reactions: travelingrabbit

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Complete guide says to write name in the space provided and hand sign. Look at page 66

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Complete guide says to write name in the space provided and hand sign. Look at page 66
My understanding was that was referring to the space where it says "Consent to Release Information to Intended Province/Territory." There is a section where you have to hand-print your first and last name.

The schedule A background instructions specifically state that you have to type your name in the signature box.

What did you do?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes under the consent part you have to 1. Write you name, 2 hand sign (where it says signature), and 3 enter date on the box for date.

the imm0008 allows you to enter your name on the signature box (this would have sufficed as an electronic signature if it was an online application). However the guide and checklist shows you are required to hand sign. There is no problem if you enter an electronic signature (full name on the box) as long as you also hand sign next to it. It would have been a problem if the PA did not hand sign it, writing their full name on signature box and hand signing next to it is not a a problem at all.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Yes under the consent part you have to 1. Write you name, 2 hand sign (where it says signature), and 3 enter date on the box for date.

the imm0008 allows you to enter your name on the signature box (this would have sufficed as an electronic signature if it was an online application). However the guide and checklist shows you are required to hand sign. There is no problem if you enter an electronic signature (full name on the box) as long as you also hand sign next to it. It would have been a problem if the PA did not hand sign it, writing their full name on signature box and hand signing next to it is not a a problem at all.
See, that was my big question - I was wondering if I had to have an electronic signature AND the hand signature/pen signature.

I ended up going with JUST the pen signature. The instructions say nothing about having to include an electronic signature, so I figured that I shouldn't add things were the instructions don't call for them.

Correct?

gouthamj

Dec 31, 2020
Hi, In IMM-0008 "consent and declaration of applicant" section, Do we need to write "firstname, Lastaname" or "firstname Lastaname" (without comma).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, In IMM-0008 "consent and declaration of applicant" section, Do we need to write "firstname, Lastaname" or "firstname Lastaname" (without comma).
No comma.

There are still some threads remaining you haven't posted this question to, though - get to work.

• Haha
Reactions: cjr

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
How to sign consent and declaration section , do I need to print the form first because adobe signature column is not working on this section .