+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008 Q4. immigration office

zoubin

Jul 3, 2012
Hello all, I am quite confused about Q4. Universal Client Identification number in IMM0008 form when filling my PR application now.
Here is the info regarding my status:
I am a Ph.D student from China applying under skilled work catgory and have been living in Alberta in the last three years.
I have both study and work permit which will expire in Nov 2013.
I don't want to follow the first choice in the guide which is 'your country of nationality', since if I pick Beijing or Hongkong, I have to apply for verification of my highest post-secondary degree.
So currently I am thinking of the second one, 'the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year', but from the list, the office for Canada is for temporary lawful resident only, which I don't think fits my application.
Please let me know what is the right and best immigration office I should choose in my case.
Many thanks.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoubin said:
Hello all, I am quite confused about Q4. Universal Client Identification number in IMM0008 form when filling my PR application now.
Here is the info regarding my status:
I am a Ph.D student from China applying under skilled work catgory and have been living in Alberta in the last three years.
I have both study and work permit which will expire in Nov 2013.
I don't want to follow the first choice in the guide which is 'your country of nationality', since if I pick Beijing or Hongkong, I have to apply for verification of my highest post-secondary degree.
So currently I am thinking of the second one, 'the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year', but from the list, the office for Canada is for temporary lawful resident only, which I don't think fits my application.
Please let me know what is the right and best immigration office I should choose in my case.
Many thanks.
I think there is a bit of confusion in what what you have understood.

1.You cannot avoid providing information about your Nationality.
2. As you have been lawfully admitted to reside in Canada for atleast 1 yr ( you have been living in Canada for 3yrs now; you are a temporary resident), you have the option of choosing between your homecountry VO or the VO that caters the jurisdiction of Canada, which I believe now is Ottawa (Please double check with the CIC website).
3. Verification of your Post secondary degree will take place from where it was issued,irrespective of your desire.

Mitali

zoubin

Jul 3, 2012
mitali said:
I think there is a bit of confusion in what what you have understood.

1.You cannot avoid providing information about your Nationality.
2. As you have been lawfully admitted to reside in Canada for atleast 1 yr ( you have been living in Canada for 3yrs now; you are a temporary resident), you have the option of choosing between your homecountry VO or the VO that caters the jurisdiction of Canada, which I believe now is Ottawa (Please double check with the CIC website).
3. Verification of your Post secondary degree will take place from where it was issued,irrespective of your desire.

Mitali
Firstly, thanks for your reply. But my main concern has nothing to do with avoiding the step of providing infomation about my nationality. Instead i just want to skip the step of getting a verification from an agency called China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center (CADGEDG). I have all the official transcripts and degree certification from my former university, just wondering whether it's still a must to apply for verification from CADGEDG.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoubin said:
Firstly, thanks for your reply. But my main concern has nothing to do with avoiding the step of providing infomation about my nationality. Instead i just want to skip the step of getting a verification from an agency called China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center (CADGEDG). I have all the official transcripts and degree certification from my former university, just wondering whether it's still a must to apply for verification from CADGEDG.
Please ignore my suggestion as it seems that I have misunderstood you.

CIC demands Transcripts/Degree to be provided in a SEALED ENVELOPE from the University....so you will have to request your University to provide the same in a sealed envelope to you....and then you can include this with your application. Verification of Degree from CADGEDG is not mandatory.

Have you checked this link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/app/ctcvac/english/qc100

Mitali

zoubin

Jul 3, 2012
mitali said:

CIC demands Transcripts/Degree to be provided in a SEALED ENVELOPE from the University....so you will have to request your University to provide the same in a sealed envelope to you....and then you can include this with your application. Verification of Degree from CADGEDG is not mandatory.

Mitali
Thanks a lot, Mitali. You did addressed my question. I already have all my transcripts and degree cerficate ready in sealed envelopes, so I guess I only need to wait for my department to get the letter reference for work experience.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mitali said:

Have you checked this link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/app/ctcvac/english/qc100

Mitali
CIC no longer requires transcripts to be in sealed University envelopes, please read the checklists.

zoubin

Jul 3, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

CIC no longer requires transcripts to be in sealed University envelopes, please read the checklists.
Glad to hear that. Actually, when I applied for Ph.D program at UofA, I got some sealed copies which only have the certificate to show I am a master student in process instead of my master's degree certificate, and right now I kind of mixed those with the one I got later on after I successfully graduated with my degree.