Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
dell said:
First of all, big Congratulations on getting your PPR. The buffalo office states 15 months on the CIC website, but my application is in Ottawa and it has been about 8 months so far. In the AOR email, it said that they would finalize my application in 10 months, but the new applicants are getting AOR from Ottawa that say that they would finalize in 15 months so I believe processing time has gone up since they had to let go off some staff after the Buffalo Visa office shut down.
Thank you. Where and when did you send your application?

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haybu12 said:
Thank you. Where and when did you send your application?

haybu12 -

I currently live in the USA. I applied under the Alberta PNP category, they were issuing PNP to individuals living in the USA up until 2 years ago. They shut that category down so I was not sure if I was even going to get it, but I was surprised. The PNP part took 28 months to process, and then the federal part is currently in process and have been waiting for 8 months. The email from Ottawa said 10 months, but it looks like the processing time has increased to 15 months. So its been about 3 years since I started the PR process.

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
dell said:
haybu12 -

I currently live in the USA. I applied under the Alberta PNP category, they were issuing PNP to individuals living in the USA up until 2 years ago. They shut that category down so I was not sure if I was even going to get it, but I was surprised. The PNP part took 28 months to process, and then the federal part is currently in process and have been waiting for 8 months. The email from Ottawa said 10 months, but it looks like the processing time has increased to 15 months. So its been about 3 years since I started the PR process.
Wait for 2 more months, you'll never know, Ottawa could stick to the original processing time. Yes I know lots of people who applied for PR in Buffalo and got transferred to Ottawa and they're already waiting for more than 15 months but havent received their PPR yet. Can you check your ECAS, though?

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haybu12 said:
Wait for 2 more months, you'll never know, Ottawa could stick to the original processing time. Yes I know lots of people who applied for PR in Buffalo and got transferred to Ottawa and they're already waiting for more than 15 months but havent received their PPR yet. Can you check your ECAS, though?
haybu12 - I am just curious if you know of many people waiting for more than 15 months, because I was assuming 15 months is the upper limit of processing time. I can check my application ,it shows medical received. Thats all I can say, I do not see " in process" or anything of that sort. I dont mind waiting for another 7 months if thats all it will take.

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
dell said:
haybu12 - I am just curious if you know of many people waiting for more than 15 months, because I was assuming 15 months is the upper limit of processing time. I can check my application ,it shows medical received. Thats all I can say, I do not see " in process" or anything of that sort. I dont mind waiting for another 7 months if thats all it will take.
That was what I was assuming as well, I was thinking that I would get my PPR sometime in June because my friends were telling me that it will not take 15 months to wait for it. But then, it didnt happen to me. It took me 15 months and 30 days before I got PPR. Since Buffalo shut down and PR applications were transferred to North American VOs, these VOs got huge workloads and that caused delay for most of the pending application. I know people are on their 17-18 months waiting time and Ottawa has their files.

Almost all of February-June 2011 applicants that I know whose files got transferred to Ottawa are still waiting for their PPRs. I guess Ottawa hasnt issue PPRs to these people yet. It was just last month when Ottawa received their files from Buffalo. Check other threads in this forum.

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haybu12 said:
That was what I was assuming as well, I was thinking that I would get my PPR sometime in June because my friends were telling me that it will not take 15 months to wait for it. But then, it didnt happen to me. It took me 15 months and 30 days before I got PPR. Since Buffalo shut down and PR applications were transferred to North American VOs, these VOs got huge workloads and that caused delay for most of the pending application. I know people are on their 17-18 months waiting time and Ottawa has their files.

Almost all of February-June 2011 applicants that I know whose files got transferred to Ottawa are still waiting for their PPRs. I guess Ottawa hasnt issue PPRs to these people yet. It was just last month when Ottawa received their files from Buffalo. Check other threads in this forum.
haybu12 -

I think I had once talked to a PNP office and she told me they have an agreement with CIC that all of their applications will be processed within a 6-18 months time frame. Anything beyond 18 months is a red flag to me, I think at that point I would start looking at other alternatives.

I really dont get this whole idea of making people wait for many years, for the impression I get is CIC is understaffed but if that's the case, they need to hire more people. I dont think any of us mind paying a higher application fee to have our application processed faster.

rohitprimus

Jan 1, 2013
Is it okay to write "present" manually on the generic form for question 10. Also i am in canada currently. WP expired on 8th Jan 2013, I have "implied status". So my answer will be:
Other: Worker- implied status???

Thanks guyz

ennayram

Oct 3, 2021
When I filled out that form, I lived in Canada but someone told me I should not put Canada as my country of residence, but instead I have to put Philippines as my country of residence. I knew someone who put Canada as her country of residence and she got an email from Buffalo visa office to change her country of residence from Canada to Philippines. There was no problem with my application form, but I dont know, that was more than a year ago when I submitted my application. I dont want to confuse you but I want to tell you I dont give false information or suggestion. It was based on my experience. But then, that's your application, so its up to you what you will do. We are just here to help you, not to confuse you. ;)

Hi, can i connect to you. I a Filipino also and would like to ask regarding this country of residence. I am in UAE and am thinking if i should write Philippines as my current country of residence, because as you know we are only a temporary resident in gulf countries. My email add is madc1380@yahoo.com . I hope i can get in touch with you po kabayan☺