+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008 - Contact Information

Macias

Sep 15, 2015
Hi! I am currently here in Canada as a visitor visa and living with my spouse since April 2016. I am confused between Current mailing address and Residential address. What address should I provide in current mailing address? address here in Canada? And for residential address, address in my home country? Thanks.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Put as your mailing address whatever address would be best for getting mail. The residential address can be the address you are at now - you are a visitor in Canada, but still living here. You could also use your permanent address in your home country. If you do, you should explain that it is your permanent address, but that you are here in Canada as a visitor.

If you are applying as a common-law partner, it is better to use the Canadian address as the residential address. You have to prove you have lived together for 12 months. Many forum members have used the address they were staying at in Canada as their residential address, even if they were applying outland, with no problems.

Macias

Sep 15, 2015
canadianwoman said:
Put as your mailing address whatever address would be best for getting mail. The residential address can be the address you are at now - you are a visitor in Canada, but still living here. You could also use your permanent address in your home country. If you do, you should explain that it is your permanent address, but that you are here in Canada as a visitor.

If you are applying as a common-law partner, it is better to use the Canadian address as the residential address. You have to prove you have lived together for 12 months. Many forum members have used the address they were staying at in Canada as their residential address, even if they were applying outland, with no problems.
Thanks canadianwoman. I am applying as a spousal sponsorship. Got married in May 2016. Again, thank you.