+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008 addresses Thai wife was a migrant worker

juice

Jan 28, 2010
Hi all. I'm new here but I have been reading many posts.
My wife (Thai), JoJo, had a bad accident and suffered a subdural hematoma, she has difficulty with her memory. When we finally got her background mapped out (19 years of work history and addresses) with the help of family and friends, I learned that she lived at many many different addresses, some rather vague, and returned to her family home regularly. Some of the places where she stayed were just huts built on a construction or harvest site, she would stay for a couple months and move on.

I have pages and pages of background information and I'm stuck on how to present it all. Any thoughts on this??

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Maybe you could eliminate some of the addresses. If she just stayed in a hut on a construction site for a couple of months,and then went back to her family home, I would just say her address was her family home. That's her permanent address, and her mailing address. If you went to the cottage for the summer, you wouldn't need to list it on your background paper - you were just there temporarily.

juice

Jan 28, 2010
Thanks. Actually we just got back from visiting a consultant and this was also his advice, keep it simple.

He looked at our photos first, smiled, and said 'don't worry, no immigration officer in his/her right mind would deny that this was a genuine relationship. Just try to be as accurate as possible, and Jo will be joining you in Canada very soon.' That's essentially what he said, and I nearly cried, it was such a relief to hear, after what we've gone through!!